Battery Backup v3 - IceCap
A Battery backup should be your next investment to protect your reef tank from power loss.
Power outages will happen every now and then, and unless your system has a generator as a backup, the next best thing is a battery backup for your powerheads. After a power outage, within as little as 2 hours dissolved oxygen levels can start to deplete, which can quickly result in a loss of your valued fish and corals. By keeping water moving and encouraging gas exchange at the surface of the aquarium, days can go by without needing to worry about depleting oxygen levels in the tank. With the IceCap Battery Backup, you can rest easy knowing even if you’re not home when the power goes out, the battery backup will turn on automatically and keep your pumps running.
- Compatible with many 12-24 volt pumps from brands like Maxspect, IceCap, and Reef Octopus.
- Turns on immediately after a power failure to protect your aquarium
- Connect two battery backups together to double the run time
- Compact and attractive form factor easily mounts on a wall or aquarium stand
- Get started immediately: power supply, pump adapters, and user guide are all included in the box
The IceCap Battery Backup works with a wide variety of DC pumps with the appropriate adapter. Below is a list of pumps that are known to be compatible with the Battery Backup.
- Maxspect Gyre Pumps (All Models)
- IceCap Gyre Pumps including the IceCap Dual Pump WiFi Controller (HYDROS WaveEngine will require this adapter)
- Reef Octopus Octo Pulse Pumps (All Models)
Note: The Battery Backup v3.0 is NOT compatible with the Reef Octopus VarioS pumps, Ecotech Marine pumps, Tunze, or AI Nero pumps.
- DC Charger: Input: 100V to 240V 50/60Hz | Output: 27V 600MA
- Main Unit DC: Output: 12V x 2.5A max | Input: 27V 1A max
- Fuse: 250V 10A 5x20mm fast blow
- Capacity: 2.5Ah
- Dimensions: 5.75”W x 5”L x 3.125”H
*Note: Depending on the pump and pump controller you are using, the pump may not slow down during a power loss when the battery backup is activated, which will affect run time.
Battery Backup Module
|Product Name||Battery Backup v3 - IceCap|
How to Calculate Battery Run Time
The IceCap Battery Backup v3.0 has a capacity of 2.5Ah.
Using it with a pump that is drawing 0.2 Amps (0.2Amps = 200mA), the time that the battery will last is (2500) ÷ (0.2 x 1000) = (2500) ÷ (200)= 12.5 Hours.
If instead of the current you have voltage and watts, then the formula is (mAh x Volts) ÷ (Watts x 1000) = (hours). If you have a pump that is drawing 12volts and 20 watts from the battery, it will last (2500 x 12) ÷ (20 x 1000) or 30000 ÷ 20000 = 1.5 hrs.