Aquaforest Borium is a concentrated supplement of boron, a naturally occurring element in seawater. Boron is regularly consumed by marine organisms in closed aquarium systems, and should therefore be supplemented to maintain water parameters as close to nature as possible. Borium has been found to play a key role in the metabolism of calcium. Its presence in reef aquariums accelerates the growth of coralline algae, supports coral skeleton development, and improves coral coloration. Maintaining the appropriate level of boron increases the production of red phytopigments, leading to more intense coloration of yellow, orange and red.
- Concentrated boron supplement
- Mimics conditions of natural seawater
- Supports development of coral skeletons
- Accelerates growth of coralline algae
- Enhances red, orange, and yellow coloration
- Aids in metabolism of calcium
- 20 ml of Borium increases the boron level by 1 mg/l (ppm) in 100 litres (27 US gal) of water
- Recommended level: 4.05 – 5.00 mg/l (ppm).
- The maximum safe daily dose is 20 ml per 100 litres of water.
- Dosage should be based on microelement consumption and ICP-OES testing results.