20L Reef Reactor CaRx Media - Medium Grain
Seachem’s Reef Reactor a high-purity aragonite-based calcium reactor media which will supply all major elements for coral growth in your reef. Reef Reactor is suitable for use in all calcium reactors. The medium granule CaRx media has a particle size of approximately 0.5 - 1 cm and will maximize surface area for more rapid reaction.
- Clean, aragonite-based media for all calcium reactors
- Excellent source of all major elements
- High in potassium
Calcium reactors are a popular choice for replenishing minerals in the reef aquarium because of their ability to add balanced calcium and alkalinity without adding unwanted salts and affecting the ionic balance of the reef tank. Reef Reactor will not only provide calcium and alkalinity as it dissolves, but the aragonite media is also a source of magnesium, strontium, and potassium. It is excellent at increasing and stabilizing alkalinity, which also supports a stable pH and encourages the rapid formation of coral skeletal material. With high levels of both calcium and magnesium, it offers an excellent means of balanced supplementation for rapid growth and propagation of corals and calcareous animals in reef aquaria. Notably, Reef Reactor media possesses the highest concentration of soluble potassium of all competing brands while exhibiting the lowest levels of both aluminum and phosphorus.
- Rinse Reef Reactor prior to initial placement in your calcium reactor.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions furnished with the calcium reactor and adjust the rates of water flow and CO2 injection to attain the desired concentrations of calcium and alkalinity in the effluent.
- The rate of water flow through the reactor in conjunction with the pH of the water inside the reactor will control the rate of media dissolution.