- X4 WiFi Dosing System - Kamoer
Four Channel High Precision Dosing System
Control the Kamoer X4 with WiFi through your PC, iPhone, or Android Device to accurately dose and maintain your tanks levels. Dose Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, and many other liquid elements along with carbon based liquids. The level of control with the X4 doser that can be obtained, makes it by far one of the best dosing systems on the market today.
- Dose from 0.1 to 9,999mL
- LCD Backlit Display
- Extremely Programmable
- PharMed® Tubing
- Liquid Level Detection Inputs
- Temperature Detection
Download app from iTunes Store - Click Here
Download app from Google Play Store - Click Here
Connecting the Kamoer X4 Dosing System to your WiFi and controlling it through your phone or PC lets you unlock every function. Using your homes WiFi Signal you can set the dosing start and stop times, along with the individual days you would want the X4 to dose. If you want to dose 5 times a day between 10am and 6pm you can do that, if you want to dose 10mL on Tuesdays and Fridays between 1am and 6am, you can do that too.
With programmed delay settings between channels to prevent precipitation and chemical interference and inputs for reservoir level monitoring the Kamoer X4 is the industry leading liquid dosing system for Reef Aquariums.
Dimensions - 10" L x 6" W x 3" W
Dosing Channel - 4
Dosing Times - 24 times/day - once/7 days
Fluid Volume - 0.1ml - 9,999ml
Accuracy - <+/-2%
Pump Life - >2000 hours
X4 dosing pump
Dosing pump holder
Tube holder manifold / tube bracket
A year it and still works great By Sean on 12/2/2018Sean would recommend this product to a friendI recalibrate every 3 months and could not be happier with this thing!
wifi breaks your doser breaks By steven on 11/24/2018steven wouldn't recommend this product to a friendEveryone wants to be hip with technology. But it's just another link in the chain. When the wifi unit fails the doser goes with it.
Accurate pump, nightmare to setup By Bret on 11/22/2018Bret wouldn't recommend this product to a friendIf I were to buy a new doser I would avoid the heck out of this product.
BUT I got a killer price on a used unit. So I figured why not tinker with it. Here's what I've been able to figure out over the course of several days. I have tested the unit for 3 days and so far it doses on time and very accurately( +/- 0.2mL)
Do not waste your time with the mobile app. Download the PC software here (from a dropbox from AlexW on Ultimate Reef A BIG THANK YOU) The Kamoer website no longer has PC software for download.
Here's what I have figured out so far.
1)Hit set, scroll down to option, hit set, scroll down to reset wifi. Select yes, hit set. Unplug, replug.
2) Connect your PC to the Kamoer Wifi (Kamoer-X4-DP4BXXXXX)
3) Use your web browser to go to 10.10.100.254 (Thank you to reef-rc on R2R) User and Password are "admin"
4) You will be greeted by a Chinese page, select English in the upper right
5) Select work mode - change it to STA or STA+PA
6) WHENEVER YOU MAKE A CHANGE to the device. Unplug it for 5 seconds, reconnect to the Kamoer WIFI
7) Under "STA Setting" hit scan in the upper right hand. Select you 2.4 GHz network (does not support 5GHz) it will tell you the password is blank. Hit okey. It will take you back to the STA Setting page where you can enter your WIFI's password. This should connect the Kamoer to your WIFI. Unplug replug reconnect to wifi
8) It should automatically give you an IP address for the device ex 192.168.0.60. Hit "Disable" the obtain IP address automatically to change the IP address of the Kamoer to whatever you like (write down this IP address)
Subnet mask) 255.255.255.0
Gateway address) your home router DNS
DNS Server) should auto populate
Unplug replug reconnect to Kamoer wifi
9) While still connected to the Kamoer WIFI. Open the Kamoer program from the link above. There will be a password page DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD (it's 6 characters and I have no idea what the default is). Hit network setting and enter the IP address of the Kamoer Doser found on the STA page. Hit okey then okey again. This should log you in to the doser via the PC software.
I can see the unit is connected to my WIFI but have only been able to access the software when I am connected to to doser WIFI. Still trying to connect to the doser via my WIFI.
1) Click calibration mode. Factory standard has Pump 1)Ca, 2)Mg, 3),Kh, 4)other
2) To prime your pump, under "manual control" just select which pump you'd like to prime enter an amount (25ml for 3 feet of tube total for me) then hit start. Make sure liquid is dripping out of the out tubing line.
2) To calibrate, select run time (the longer the time the more accurate the calibration) then hit start. Measure the output. Add that value to the "volume" value. Repeat for the next 3 pumps. (The manual dose and calibration features are surprisingly self explanatory) Calibrate before you program a schedule.
Make sure your time is correct as well. Click the "Time setting" to manually enter the time if it is not correct.
1) "Auto liquid adding tab" allows you to program the unit.
2) Custom mode will let you make your own schedule.
3) Turn the channels on/off with the top tab. Name the reagent in each pump.
4) Plan index is the number of doses per day.
5) Select 1 for plan index enter time and amount you wish to dose. Hit okey.
6) To add a second dose, select plan index 2, enter time and amount then hit okey.
7) Add third or fourth dose per day repeat those steps. If you select plan index 2 or above straight away you will get an error. You must start with plan 1 then 2 ect ect. Make sure to hit "Save Settings" when your plan is finished.
8) To program the other reagents repeat steps 5-7, you can off set the times to prevent precipitation of your reagents.
"Solution bottle Status" will let you input the bulk amount of reagents you have and you can keep track of consumption here
"Quick setting" some sort of way to calculate changes in your tank parameters. Not going to bother with this, just going to use the BRS calculators.
"liquid sensors" only for use if you buy their sensor bottles but you may be able to DIY your own
"Firmware Upgrade" You need to be able to download the firmware to your PC which is conveniently not available on the Kamoer site as of 11/22/18 I'm waiting for an email reply to see if they can email it out. To my knowledge the only way to update the firmware is via the Kamoer mobile app....
Kamoer mobile app - haven't tried it, probably won't. There are 2 versions. Kamoer was having iOS issues so they released a second app instead of reworking the first app. Rumor on the street is the original app has been fixed.
TL;DR Don't buy this unit. This is mostly a review to help others make it work! Thanks for reading. Good luck reefing!
Not worth the money By Chris on 8/30/2018Chris wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI have had to contact tech support for this doser far too many times in my one year of ownership to admit to. Intermittently loses wifi and the dosing parameters. Pain in the neck to have to constantly check to make sure dosing is accurate and on schedule. Will be getting rid of it as soon as I can. What a waste of money.
Get a GHL 2.0 By Lucas on 3/7/2018Lucas wouldn't recommend this product to a friendFirst of all the only instructions that were useful was the video by Coralvue (setup), and a video by Kamoer with a guy who could barley speak English (calibration). The system worked for a 9 months, now I cannot communicate to the system nor calibrate the pump after repeatedly trying to reset the pump (turning off for several minutes) as well as resetting wifi, the pump just keep dosing inaccurately. Sometimes when I made adjustments to the set-point for a dosing pump it when I would check on it the next day a completely different value would be the set-point. I bought a GHL 2.0 instead and everything is working much better. I gave two stars because I did get some kind of usage out of the unit before everything went south. P.S. I do not work for nor sponsor GHL dosing pumps look them up for yourself.
Buyer beware By Clark Emery on 1/25/2018Clark Emery wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThere are no useable instructions and there is no support from the distributor or brs.
Wifi set up is difficult and once you do get it connected, you have to reconnect it every time you want to open the app.
Programming is difficult as the app is not intuitive. Without directions it is difficult at best to figure out how to set anything up. I can't get it calibrated or use the manual dosing mode at all.
After 2 months of frustration this unit is headed for the trash.
Do not buy this doser!
Save you sanity By Coral Pharm on 1/6/2018Coral Pharm wouldn't recommend this product to a friendInstructions are vauge. Cant find help on resetting the "Alert". NOT USER FRIENDLY AT ALL
Dont waste your Money By Coral for fun on 12/18/2017Coral for fun wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis seems like the ideal doser.. It does not stay connected to the WIFI. I have to try and reconnect it every few days. So frustrating! I wish I would have gone with something else. I had such High hopes for this exspensive gadget! only to be let down!
Great Product By Bahama1 on 12/6/2017Bahama1 would recommend this product to a friendWorks as advertised
No calibration instructions or support that can provide calibration instructions By Anthony on 10/3/2017Anthony wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI bought this unit despite it having few reviews bc of WiFi feature.
The build quality was fine but instruction were lacking. Their are no calibration instructions! I contacted Marine depot an they were very helpful but could not provide calibration instructions. I contacted coralvue and the only instructions they could provide was a jancky blurry video of someone speaking broken English. It was basically inaudible. Carlos from coralvue could provide no further direction even after marine depot contact him. Marine depot stepped up and authorized a return. Even if I calibrated it I had no faith of getting future support for the unit. I’m probably going with a GHL doser.
great features and work perfect for me！ By mingyong on 6/16/2017mingyong would recommend this product to a friendgreat features and work perfect for me！
Good for what it does By Dynamic Data Technologies on 5/17/2017Dynamic Data Technologies wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe pump works exactly as advertised. Kamoer does not imply in anyway that it has internet connectivity because it does not.
Where can I get additional tubing used with the Kamoer X4? The tubing is much smaller than the standard hardware store vinyt tube of 1/4". Thx.