- Tank Size: 350 - 650 Gallons (1250 - 2400 L)
- Footprint: 18" x 23.5"
- Height: 27"
- Air Draw: Adjustable 3500 to 4200 LPH
- (2) V-300 Skimmer Pump: approx. 38W (Total 76W)
- 100% cast-acrylic, PET-G and PVC construction
- Full body cone chamber markedly enables stable foam formation
- Super quiet, high-performance skimmer Askol-based pump - most powerful and efficient motor blocks in the industry
- Oversized, CNC-milled bubble plate eliminates turbulence
- Bayonet-style neck provides a secure, leak-free coupling between the cup and body
- Easily accessible Ozone port
- Built in skimmate drain
- Easy maintenance - all parts can be disassembled
- Grade II titanium screws - corrosion resistant
- Silicone O-rings
Absolutely incredible performance By lflint on 4/22/2011lflint would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer is super easy to adjust, easy to dose ozone, perfectly silent and pulls some incredibly nasty stuff out of the water. I use one on a multi-tank system as a replacement for a less efficient unit. Nitrate, nitrite and phosphate levels dropped through the floor and the water is crystal clear. Coral growth has accelerated. It's an expensive unit but worth every penny. Why buy an $800 unit that doesn't perform when you can spend some extra on guaranteed excellence.
Ask a question
The Vertex Alpha 300 can take a variety of water depths from 7 to 10 inches or so. Each system will be different in what makes the skimmer work the best, however if you have a depth in between 7-10” you should have no issues with that skimmer.
is that mean that there are three deferent footprint sizes?
Good question. The footprint will vary depending on how you decide to mount the pumps. Different orientations of the pump will end up with slightly different footprints.
Thanks, and love your site!!!
All of the current models Vertex skimmers would have to be placed in the sump. Skimmers that could be placed externally would be the "recirculating" skimmers (Vertex does not currently make any models like this). This would be a model that could be plumbed externally and would be large enough for your tank. Thanks for the kind words!