Reefer XXL 750 G2 System (160 Gal) (DISCONTINUED)
There is a new version available for this item.
This item ships directly from Red Sea.
The all-new REEFER G2 series of Reef-Ready aquarium systems has improved upon the REEF-SPEC infrastructure of the original Red Sea REEFER series. With a new and revamped water management system, extra-fortified plywood cabinets, thicker and rimless glass, refugium-ready & ReefMat-compatible sumps, and extended warranty plans; the G2 REEFER aquarium series is designed to be the perfect canvas for the customized reef tank of your dreams!
New & Improved Features
- Rimless ultra-clear, beveled-edge glass with increased thickness
- Extra-fortified plywood marine-spec laminated cabinets (with additional aluminum “floating tank” supports on REEFER 625 G2 models and bigger)
- Dual side-facing return pump outlets for better water distribution (On REEFER 350 G2 models and bigger)
- Large central overflow box to hide piping, with a large surface skimmer with removable weir comb for easy cleaning
- Silent downflow system with enlarged rectangular inlet to reduce turbulence
- Assembly-ready piping now with extra bulkhead connectors in both Metric and USA sizes for customized setups
- New and improved high-precision valve on the downflow pipe for easier flow regulation and near-silent operation
- Professional REEF-SPEC sump, including:
- Mechanical filtration media compartment complete with micron filters and filter cups
- Optional refugium compartment
- Adjustable height skimmer chamber
- Bubble trap
- RO Reservoir
- Plug & play ready for ReefMat 500 or 1200 Auto Filter Roller (sold separately)
- Additional chamber for chillers, controllers, or other equipment (on most models)
Extra-fortified Glass and Marine-Spec Cabinets
The G2 series of REEFER aquariums are rimless and constructed from ultra-clear, beveled-edge glass with an increased glass thickness of up to 19mm. These strong glass tanks sit atop newly fortified cabinet stands made of plywood and with Marine-Spec, water-resistant lamination. Each cabinet stand follows the contours of the aquarium glass, with the larger REEFER G2 models featuring an additional “floating tank” aluminum support. Adjustable leveling feet & stainless steel hinges ensure a lasting and durable stand for your dream aquarium.
Improved Water Management & Plumbing
Up top, the G2 REEFER systems employ a large overflow box with dual side-facing return pumps for optimal water circulation and increased surface skimming. The overflow box includes a lid which hides plumbing components, as well as easily-removable weir combs for quick cleaning and improved surface skimming. Water then exits from the overflow box and travels down an enlarged and rectangular inlet to the downflow pipe, allowing for reduced turbulence & quieter operation. All G2 models also include a newly improved high precision valve on the downflow pipe, allowing for simple regulation to further tune your flow.
Reef-Ready Sump– Now ReefMat Compatible
As with the previous generation of REEFER, the G2 sump includes a mechanical filtration compartment complete with micron filter sock(s) and filter cup(s) to keep large pieces of debris and detritus from clogging pumps and other pieces of equipment. New to the G2, this chamber can be alternatively used to house a ReefMat 500 or 1200-- no modifications required! Water flows from the filtration chamber into the adjustable-height skimmer compartment, where the water will be kept at a steady level to aid in the best performance for your choice of skimmer, or any other filtration components that you choose to include. The water will then flow through the final bubble trap and into a chamber where the return pump (not included) can be placed to pump water back through the Reefer tank's return plumbing.
Additional features of the Reef-Ready sump system include an optional refugium compartment for growing chaeto or other macroalgae, as well as an RO reservoir that can hold a few days worth of top off water to keep the water level, salinity and flow rates consistent throughout the tank.
3+2 Extended Warranty Plans
All REEFER aquariums have included a standard 2-year warranty. With the new G2 models, you can now purchase an additional 1-2 year warranty plan when registering your new system online. That’s a total of 5 years of worry-free protection!
- Display Tank Dimensions - 71"L x 23.6"H x 25.6"W
- Display Tank Volume - 160 Gallons
- Total System Height - 58.3"
- Total System Volume - 200 Gallons
- Sump Volume - 40 Gallons
- Front Glass Thickness - 3/4"
- Side Glass Thickness - 3/4"
- Bottom Glass Thickness - 3/4"
|Product Name||Reefer XXL 750 G2 System (160 Gal) - Red Sea (DISCONTINUED)|
|SKU||Reefer XXL 750 G2 System - Red Sea|
|Out of stock message||DISCONTINUED|