Reef Dip is an elemental iodine dip complexed to a protective slime coat for safely and gently disinfecting corals. The protective slime coat covers the coral, holding the iodine in contact with the infected site for extended periods of time. In addition, the slime coat prevents infection from re-entering the site, further enhancing the effectiveness of this dip solution. Iodine is a very safe and effective dip treatment for a variety of bacterial, fungal, and protozoan infections and can easily be used on coral that may be showing non-specific signs of stress or illness. It is safe to use with both stony and soft corals. It is also safe for anemones and polyps.
- Coral disinfectant
- Elemental iodine complex, disinfects corals
- Good for use before introducing new corals
Available in 5 Sizes
- 100 mL
- 250 mL
- 500 mL
- 4 Liters
- 20 Liters
- Do not use in the aquarium.
- Use in a separate container, remove 1 US gallon of water from the source aquarium to a container suitable for dipping.
- Add 5–10 mL (1–2 capfuls) of Reef Dip and mix. In very severe cases, a double dose may be used.
- Place coral specimen in dip for 15–30 minutes, depending on severity of problem.
Note: With clear and accessible lesions, dip concentrate may be painted on lesions directly before placing in dip. Observe animals during treatment for evidence of adverse reactions such as excessive sliming.