- Piranha Float Plus - Algae Free
Why does BRS recommend this?
With properly sized magnets and now includes the scraper attachment, Algae Free has made one of the best algae scrapers in the industry. Most of their value is the fact all of them (except the Great White) do float if the connection through the aquarium is lost for easy retrieval, which is the frustrating point for most other magnet cleaners in the industry.
Works with aquariums up to 3/8" thick.
Perfect for Nano and Pico tanks that have thin glass or acrylic. The wet side floats for easy retrieval when separated from the dry side.
- Glass aquariums holding up to 30 to 125 gallons
- Acrylic aquariums 36" long and 20" high
- Large 4" x 2" cleaning area
Algae Free PLUS Aquarium Cleaning Magnets
The new "Plus Series" has a detachable and replaceable scraper blade for glass (stainless steel) or acrylic (plastic) aquariums and will make algae cleaning quick and easy.
Simply the "Highest Quality" algae cleaning magnet available for the price!
At Algae Free, LLC they make the highest quality aquarium cleaning magnets for use on glass and acrylic aquariums from 10 to 1,000 gallons or with a thickness of 1/8" to 1".
Our cleaning magnets are made with Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets, one of the strongest magnets in the world! Algae Free LLC don't use surplus magnets -- only new. All of our cleaners are made of the finest, safest and most cost-effective materials available. The outer magnet assembly is handcrafted in the USA.
Each Algae Free cleaners have the following qualities:
- Strong, high-quality neodymium rare earth magnets
- Replaceable scraper blades for glass and Acrylic aquariums
- Replaceable inner scrubbing pad with nontoxic adhesive backing
- Replaceable felt pads for the outer cleaning assembly
- Floating interior magnet assembly (except Great White models)
- Inner assembly is non-toxic and can be left inside tank all the time -- it will not rust!
- Can be used on all glass aquariums
- Acrylic-safe inner scrubbing pads make it ultra safe to use on acrylic aquariums
- Can be used in fresh and salt water
- Decorative finish that becomes part of your aquarium
- Limited 2-year warranty on material and production defects
A little pricey but hands down the best glass cleaner I’ve ever owned in 15 years I been reefing By richard on 12/19/2017richard would recommend this product to a friendThe quality is second to none magnet is super strong so be careful the scrapper gets rid of unwanted coralline one the front and side glass absolutely a must have ...
Great Algae Scraper By Ian on 5/29/2017Ian would recommend this product to a friendA little pricey, but on sale (or not) the Piranha does exactly what it says, and very well. Best magnetic algae scraper I've owned. I have a 75 gal tank and this works perfectly with the magnet being plenty strong. For a similarly sized tank, don't spend extra money on the stronger magnet versions; the manufacturer recommendations for glass thickness seem to be right on.
Excellent - Solid Glass Cleaner By TigerOscar on 4/20/2017TigerOscar would recommend this product to a friendSince I have been using the Piranha glass cleaner, the time it takes to clean the glass has been reduced drastically and my hands stay out of the tank. Great Product !
Works as advertised. By Larry on 4/6/2017Larry would recommend this product to a friendHave been using this for several weeks and it works great. Quality product.
There are no videos related to this product.
The Piranha is rated up to 3/8" glass so it may have a hard time removing stubborn algae from the front glass. I would recommend going with the Hammerhead.
Hope this helps!