- Omega 200i Protein Skimmer (OPEN BOX BRStv) - Vertex
Why does BRS recommend this?
The Vertex Omega skimmer is one of the nicest skimmers you can find in or out of its price range for a tank up to 200 gallons. We use the Omega line of skimmers on a few different tanks around BRS and find them to work really well, and at the same time looking nicer than almost all others on the market.
Building on the designs of the Vertex Omega 130 and 150 Protein Skimmers, the Vertex Omega 200i has a powerful Askol V-200i motor inside the skimmer body. The motor can also be mounted outside of the skimmer body with a custom mount. The wine bottle body shape with solid construction, Askol pump, pinwheel impeller, custom volute and pump head, titanium screws, ozone port and silicone coupler.
- Tank Size: 100-225 Gallons (400-800 Liter)
- Power Consumption: ~38W
- Air Draw: Approx. 475 GPH (1800 LPH) - 528 GPH (2000 LPH)
- Footprint: 11.5" x 11.5"
- Height: 25"
- Optimal Level: Max 8.66" Min 7.08"
BRS Recommended Tank Size:
Lightly Stocked - 225 Gallons
Medium Stocked - 185 Gallons
Heavily Stocked - 155 Gallons
- True Full Body Wine-Glass Reaction Chamber
- Solid Cast acrylic and PVC construction
- Hot welded seams
- Custom Askol-based high performance skimmer pump
- Fine tuning adjustable venturi
- Easily screw off collection cup
- Ozone injection point
- Ultra quiet operation
- Low power consumption
- High bio-load capacity
- Easy maintenance with Titanium screws
- Dimensions: 283mm x 275mm x 625mm (10.75" x 11.25 x 24")
What's in the Box
- Omega 200i Skimmer with Askol V-200i Motor
- Swiveling skimmate-drain
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Note: The red ozone tubing is no longer included with the current series of Omega skimmers.