High quality Neoprene Foam is perfect for placing under rimless tanks. Rimless tanks rest directly on the top of the stand, which may be a rougher surface than glass or acrylic can handle in most cases. By placing a single sheet of Neoprene Foam in-between the tanks glass/acrylic and stand, that will dampen any pressure points to make a level and even surface for the tank to rest on.
- 1/8 inch thick
- Closed Cell Neoprene Foam
- Easily cuts with razor blade for a professional looking edge
Note: Full sheet (80" x 48") and half sheet (80" x 24") come as a single piece that may have some rough edges from the manufacturing process. It is recommended to purchase a piece slightly larger than needed and trim to an exact fit once the tank is resting on the stand.
Neoprene is a must have for all rimless and even some trimmed tanks. Most manufacturers will demand that their tanks sit on a sheet of neoprene to dampen any pressure points the stands surface may have.
- Install stand in final location
- Place oversized piece of neoprene on surface of stand
- Place tank on top of stand and neoprene (try not to slide the tank on top of the neoprene as it may wrinkle. It is recommended to remove all wrinkles from the neoprene as that can create a pressure point)
- Once the tank is centered, using a new razor blade, trim the edges of the neoprene flush with the tanks base
The Durometer rating will be between 50-80. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!