- NeoCarbonit-Z - Media for Rapid Uptake of Ammonia and Chloramines - Brightwell Aquatics
- Blend of specific ammonium-adsorptive zeolites and premium next-generation, enhanced activated carbon. Significantly higher performance characteristics than products utilizing traditional activated carbon and/or zeolites that are only functional in freshwater.
- Quadruple-action removes ammonium, ammonia, chloramines, and dissolved organic material, and then facilitates decomposition and oxidation/reduction reactions, enhancing oxidation-reduction potential (ORP), and promoting water quality.
- Carbon features high capacity for organic removal, high Iodine number, and minimal dust.
- Average particle size encourages optimal flow and effectiveness.
- May be used in all freshwater, brackish, and marine aquaria; safe for marine invertebrates and ornamental freshwater crustaceans.
- May be used as a transportation aid in bags used to ship aquatic organisms; effective for up to 72 hours when used as directed.
Instructions and Guidelines
Prior to first use, rinse under a stream of fresh water. A mechanical pre-filter placed upstream of NēoCarbonīt-Z will prolong effectiveness; rinse pre-filter every 3 - 4 days if leaving NēoCarbonīt-Z in place in the aquarium for prolonged periods of time. The greater the reaction time between NēoCarbonīt-Z and aquarium water (e.g. the slower the flow of water through the media), the more efficiently NēoCarbonīt-Z will perform.
Begin with 1 g per 20 US-gallons in the system per week and adjust this ratio as conditions dictate. In high-nutrient aquaria, replace after 48-hours of total use; placement in lower-nutrient aquaria may be extended up to 10 days of total use.
Load NēoCarbonīt-Z into filter cartridge as directed by filter manufacturer. Passive filtration: Place NēoCarbonīt-Z loosely in an 800µm mesh filter bag and locate in an area of low- to medium-flow. Turning bag over once during usage increases effectiveness of this method.
For use with Reef Aquaria: NēoCarbonīt-Z is an extremely-effective adsorber of ammonium, and zooxanthellate and/or photosynthetic aquarium inhabitants that have become accustomed to and/or dependant upon the nitrogen in the system are likely to show an initial negative response to the rapid removal of ammonium and depleting nitrate concentration. Therefore, use 1 g per 40 US-gallons and monitor zooxanthellate inhabitants to ensure that no signs of nitrogen starvation occur. Adjust mass of NēoCarbonīt-Z employed according to water chemistry and perceived nitrogen requirements of the aquarium inhabitants.
Instructions for Shipping Bag Use: Use 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon NēoCarbonīt-Z per quart shipping water in bag. When shipping multiple specimens together, or when shipping particularly large specimens, use up to 3/4 teaspoon NēoCarbonīt-Z per quart shipping water in bag. NēoCarbonīt-Z provides relief from ammonium, ammonia, and nitrite for up to 72 hours in most cases.
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Proprietary blend of specific, highly-adsorptive filtration media.
It's Week 24, and this week we are talking chemica ...
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com Today on BRStv, we ...
Starting at: $5.99
Starting at: $6.99