- Marine A Pellet Fish Food - Hikari
Why does BRS recommend this?
With a great low cost, and high quality ingredients Hikari pellets are great for the most finicky feeders. With their elastic and sponge-like texture, they resemble the foods your large fish would instinctively eat.
Enhance the colors of your larger plant-eating fish with Marine-A Pellet Fish Food.
- Contains seaweed meal and pure-cultured spirulina
- Contains clam extract for increased palatability
- Complete balanced nutrition combination including DHA & EPA
- Promotes health, growth and development while reducing stress associated with tank living
- Drop into tank - pellets rapidly become sponge-like and is easily assimilated thereby reducing waste.
- As the pellet absorbs water it slowly sinks, allowing feeding at all levels of the aquarium
- Marine-A- will not dissolve allowing you to monitor the amount consumed.
- Will not cloud water
- Due to customs restrictions we are unable to ship this product to Canada
Hikari Feeding Suggestions
- Feed no more than your tank inhabitants will consume within two minutes - 2 to 3 times a day.
- No food should remain after the two minutes. Care should be taken to avoid over-feeding.
- Try soaking Marine-A in a cup of purified water for a few minutes prior to feeding. This will make the pellets elastic and sponge-like resembling the foods your fish would instincually eat.
- Pellets will not crumble or fall apart during feeding and is readily accepted by most finicky marine fishes.
Crude Protein - 47.0% min
Crude Fat - 5.0% min
Crude Fiber - 3.0% max
Moisture - 10% max
Phosphorous - 0.8% min
Ash - 17% max
Fish Meal, Krill Meal, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Soybean Meal, Cassava Starch, , Wheat Starch, DHA Oil, Wheat Flour, Spirulina, Dried Seaweed Meal, DL-Methionine, Clam Extract, L-Lysine, Astaxanthin, Canthaxanthin, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate.
I think it is a very good food surce By Willy on 12/18/2016Willy would recommend this product to a friendI have been buying the pellets for about 3 years. My fish are healthy and seem to like it.
I think it is a good product.
Phosphate-rich By Tyler on 8/25/2016Tyler wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe food is okay and my aggressive fish tended to eat it pretty well. I currently only have 2 fish and would only give 1 or two pellets a day (in a 40 breeder with 20 gallon sump). After a few days, my phosphates shot up to 0.55 ppm! After a few water changes and switching back to frozen food and some GFO I am back to lower phosphates. The convenience of pellets isn't worth the phosphate problems in an SPS tank. Mabye in a fish only, softie, or MAYBE an LPS tank these would be okay.
Good sinking food By Ray on 4/28/2016Ray would recommend this product to a friendFood sinks slowly giving fish enough time to catch it before it goes into the over flows. The only bad thing is that the pellets are kinda big for Juvenal fish. I had to brake them up so my small and medium fish could eat them.
Jury Still Out By BH on 12/18/2015BH would recommend this product to a friendThe food is packaged nicely and works well as it relates to feeding after soaking a few minutes in RO/DI water; however, none of my fish will eat it. That said, I don’t blame the food, as my fish have only been fed frozen foods for years. I intend to keep trying as I want an option for auto fish feeders when I am out of town.
Great Fish Food By mmReefs on 12/13/2015mmReefs would recommend this product to a friendI'd been using this for years with great results and healthy fishes. What I like is that it is very neutral in saltwater, allowing it to sink slowly and giving time to fish to take it. If you need it to float more just soak it in freshwater for a minute before using them.
excellent By brian on 12/14/2014brian would recommend this product to a friendFish love it. Noticed more active feeding. Pellets are a little big for smaller fish
Yellow Tang & Clownfish give Hikari an A+ By Rick on 11/23/2014Rick would recommend this product to a friendIce cream to the fish. I feed mixed with mysis shrimp, emerald entree, and other veggie pellets and they always snatch up the Hikari pellets first.
Good stuff By Magic on 6/2/2014Magic would recommend this product to a friendI've been feeding all my fish and shrimps Hikari for the longest time. They prefer it over all other foods and wont touch any other pellets. They are all big and fat :)... I just soak some in RODI water before feeding to make it a bit soft.
Finding the right food to feed your fish can make ...
Welcome to Week 15 of 52 Weeks of Reefing! This w ...
No related items recommended for this product.