- Pohl’s K-Balance Potassium Strong - Korallen-Zucht
Potassium is one of the major elements in seawater and natural levels are very similar to calcium levels, 380-410mg/liter. While not consumed as quickly as calcium, it is important to maintain appropriate levels to achieve ideal coral coloration and growth. KZ tests have shown tanks with known potassium deficiencies to show significantly better growth and coloration within days of K-Balance use. K-Balance contains multiple potassium salts as well as other important elements.
- Enhances blue/purple coloration in Tridacna clams and SPS corals
- Can aid in preventing old-tank syndrome
Note: Low potassium levels have following characteristics:
- Montipora stop growing, colors are dull to grey
- Poccilopora and Stylopora with low potassium level look like they have been out of the water in the air, polyps are inside and color is light without depth and saturation
- Blue Acropora are also washed-out
- Seriatopora can show complete tissue necrosis within a few days
- Turbinaria Reniformis stops growing.
Warning: Do not increase dosage given on the label. Product is highly concentrated. We recommend to check potassium level regularly like Ca or Mg.
K-Balance Strong is especially useful to increase the potassium level in big tanks.
Most all reef tanks need potassium By Dave on 8/28/2013Dave would recommend this product to a friendBecause hobby grade potassium test kits are so difficult to get an accurate reading I have been sending my water off to be professionally tested and have found that my tank is significantly low in potassium. Since using phol's K balance potassium I have seen color in my SPS I didn't even know could be achieved. Even the best salts lack the potassium needed to grow & color SPS and this product is the solution
Great Product By Robert on 5/7/2013Robert would recommend this product to a friendGreat Product. I use POHL'S K-BALANCE with other of the Korallen-Zucht product line for great growth of my corals and polyp extension. This product replaces Potassium that is used up as your corals grow.