- Koralia Third Generation Powerhead (2450 GPH) - Hydor USA
Hydor is pleased to announce their new Koralia Third Generation line of powerheads. The Koralia Third Generation is super compact, energy efficient and is ideal to recreate the natural and beneficial water motion of rivers and seas. With a lower profile than previous models, and new DMSS (Dual Magnet Support System) system getting flow where you need it has never been easier. Hydor has put new motors inside their third generation pumps which leads to more flow for every watt. The new Koralia pumps can also be hooked up to a wavemaker or controller and set to intervals of seconds to hours.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issues. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
- Flow Rate: 2450 GPH
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.6 Inches
- Power Consumption: 9.5 watts
- Cord Length: 6 feet
Two sizes of fish guards, flow diffuser, and cable protector are included.
low flow By MC on 5/3/2020MC wouldn't recommend this product to a friendUsing the highest flow front plate of the ones it comes with this puts out nowhere near the advertised flow. It does however do a decent job.
2 major problems By Mark on 5/9/2019Mark would recommend this product to a friendThis is an excellent product except it has to huge issues.
1) It's all black so you can hide it against a black overflow or background...except someone put a big red ring on it that you can literally see from 6 ft away from tank.
2) It's rated for 2450GPH but this is only for an open prop configuration that could kill your fish or cut your finger. In order to run it in a safe configuration you must use 1 of the 3 included guards. The issue is on the side of the box their own documentation shows that using one of these guards to make it safe drops the GPH from 2450GPH all the way down to 1600-1850 GPH depending on which one you use. They are marketing this as a 2450 GPH pump when their own box shows on the side when it arrives that there is no way to safely get more than 1850 GPH out of it.
Aside from those 2 major issues...it's a great well designed product.
1 full year on 4 of these By Bob E on 5/6/2018Bob E would recommend this product to a friendStill working as good as new after 1 year with little cleaning required. Actually none of these pumps have been out of the tank for cleaning just blow off grill guards with a turkey baster to keep inlet clean. Not that I recommend this, but it does speak of the quality for the price of the pump . I'll still monitor to see how long they run reliably, and will update as time goes on. I am very satisfied with the purchase of these pumps. Quiet, very low power usage, reliable and not a big eye sore in tank. See my previous review below from a year ago .
Way better the the original By Corky on 5/5/2018Corky would recommend this product to a friendI love the new design! Very quiet hopefully they won’t crack like the older models.
They really move a lot of water very impressived with the flow!
Happy so far By Bob E on 5/8/2017Bob E would recommend this product to a friendHave 3 of these now, 2 - 1950 and 1 - 2450. Will be replacing 3 more in time. I can't change speed but I can oscillate these with Apex. Have all osc. at different times and set at different angles that gives similarity of different volumes and direction. I have slower pumps only at night. I have 6 total power heads. Am replacing Sicce with these Hydor. So far, so good. About 1/2 the power, quieter, deliver more movement and are smaller and easy to set angles of operation. All +'s, now if they last for 2-3 years, I'll be happier.
Great By John Starocean on 2/27/2017John Starocean would recommend this product to a friendI bought one of this for a 125g tank. It has plenty of flow. My young yellow tang and hippo tang relocate to the front of it. They can't get enough. I think it has a interesting design. I don't hear any vibration or clicking noises from. I will soon buy a second one.
Great flow pump By Mnk on 2/7/2017Mnk would recommend this product to a friendOut 2 of these in a 150 and could see the difference immediately running 2 of these on a wavemaker and you can't hear them come on like others
Placement By Jerry on 1/21/2017Jerry would recommend this product to a friendThese pumps are great!!! You can place them anywhere in your tank and the magnet attachment let's you position the pump in any way that you want your flow to go. I set 2 of these up on a 125 gallon tank and have plenty of flow.
Great Pump By JKing on 11/22/2016JKing would recommend this product to a friendI bought one of these to replace a Koralia older 1500. The new one is ten times better and quieter. Lower profile. I will be buying another to replace my other Koralia 1500 still in use.
Excellent Pump!! By Bob on 7/6/2016Bob would recommend this product to a friendI replaced a Maxspect Gyre pump with two 2450 pumps for a fraction of what the Gyre cost, and with MUCH quieter and better performance! Love them!!
Reall cool design, but the color By alan on 6/30/2016alan wouldn't recommend this product to a friendLow profile and slick looking powerhead. The only issue is part of the housing is red colored. It sticks out like a sore thumb why couldn't it have just been all black :T
Works great so far By Shawn on 1/5/2016Shawn would recommend this product to a friendHave two 2450's up and running for about a month. All good so far. Provides very good flow for a 48" width. Very quiet.