Kanaplex Bacterial & Fungal Fish Treatment - Seachem
5 grams (.2oz) Kanaplex Fish Treatment - Seachem
Earn 7 Reward Points$7.79
100 grams (3.5oz) Kanaplex Fish Treatment - Seachem
Earn 95 Reward Points$95.99
2.2lbs Kanaplex Fish Treatment - Seachem
Earn 439 Reward Points$439.68
KanaPlex is a blended kanamycin based medication that safely and effectively treats several fungal, and bacterial fish diseases including dropsy, popeye, fin/tail rot, and septicemia. Because it is absorbed by fish it is useful in treating internal infections in those situations where food is refused. When used in a medicated food mix, it is an excellent option for treating bacterial infections in tanks that contain sensitive invertebrates.
- Kanamycin based antibiotic medication
- Easily absorbed through the skin
- Treats fungal and bacteria diseases
- Effective against dropsy, popeye, and fin rot
- Easily absorbed through both skin and gills; ingestion not required
- Does not adversely affect the filter bed and is easily removed with carbon
While disease treatment in a quarantine tank is always the preferred option, sometimes it may not be practical to catch a fish for treatment. Kanaplex can be safely dosed in the display aquarium if necessary. Always observe tank inhabitants carefully when treating, and be prepared to perform a water change and add fresh activated carbon if necessary. When the treatment period is over, KanaPlex can easily be removed using activated filter carbon. It does not linger in the substrate or filter media of the tank.
- Kanamycin sulfate
Dosing in Water
- Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication.
- Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration media.
- Use 1 measure (included) per every 20 L (5 gallons).
- Repeat this dose every 48 hours to a maximum of 3 doses.
Note: In cases of severe infections, it is possible to carry out two rounds of treatment back-to-back. However, this should only be done if fish show no signs of stress at the end of the first round.
Dosing in Food
Feed the medicated food mix (recipe below) every day until the infection clears or up to 1 week. This medicated food can be refrigerated or frozen between feedings.
- 1 scoop KanaPlex
- 1 scoop Focus
- 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
- A few drops of water if using a dry food
Tip: To enhance palatability use with GarlicGuard or Entice.
|Product Name||Kanaplex Bacterial & Fungal Fish Treatment - Seachem|
|SKU||Kanaplex Bacterial & Fungal Fish Treatment - Seachem|