- Freeze-Dried Bio-Pure Spirulina Brine Shrimp - Hikari
Why does BRS recommend this?
Hikari uses pharmaceutical free-drying techniques that give freeze dried foods as close to a fresh product that can be provided without needing freezing or refrigeration. Freeze-dried foods are great for rounding out nutrition that other pellet or flake food may be lacking.
Try Freeze-Dried Bio-Pure Spirulina Brine Shrimp from Hikari as part of a daily diet or as a treat for your tank inhabitants. Vitamin-rich Spirulina Brine Shrimp will help reduce stress and stress-related diseases.
- Pharmaceutical freeze-drying technique results in a "close to fresh" product
- Small cubes of Spirulina Brine Shrimp - monitor feeding as to not overfeed
- Will not cloud water
- High in natural fatty acids
- Free of harmful bacteria and parasites
- Due to customs restrictions we are unable to ship this product to Canada
Hikari Feeding & Storage Suggestions
- Feed no more than your tank inhabitants will consume within 3-5 minutes - up to 3 times a day.
- Hikari Bio-Pure FD products never contain artificial colors or preservatives. Use before the best before date.
- After opening, keep the container our of direct sunlight, high heat or humidity as this can cause the contents to degrade rapidly.
- For maximum success the contents should be used within 90 days of purchase and be kept tightly closed when not in use.
Crude Protein - 48.0% min
Crude Fat - 5.5% min
Crude Fiber - 0.5% max
Moisture - 6.0% max
Phosphorous - 0.1% min
Brine Shrimp, Spirulina, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12
PLEASE NOTE: Handling a freeze-dried food that is derived from a live animal can cause the same allergic reaction possible by handling the live animal itself. To avoid potential problems, always wash your hands immediately after use and avoid contact with your nose and mouth prior to washing.
mostly dust By Jim on 6/10/2017Jim wouldn't recommend this product to a friendthis is third time i have gotten these cans and this time both cans were primarily dust which was not usable
Fish love it By John on 1/6/2017John would recommend this product to a friendI do think my fish loves this stuff. What I like about it is that it comes from Hikari, so you can't go wrong. Only issue, it takes a while to sink, it'll float on top till it gets wet. On top, my clowns eat it up, then when it gets wet from my Gyre pumps, as it sinks, everyone else eats.
Poor choice By James on 11/30/2016James wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis product was soaked in garlic and tank water but still floated on the surface! It was a waste since none of my reef fish would eat it.
Delicious By Paul on 12/4/2014Paul would recommend this product to a friendI used this in my main tank and feeding in my QT. The fish love it and finicky eaters go after it also, as well as my shrimp and hermits. I haven't noticed it clouding my tank and I break the cubes up. Once the cubes re-hydrate the shrimp are full size and not chopped up bits. Great food.
Perfect By Andrew on 3/21/2014Andrew would recommend this product to a friendFeet it to both my reef tanks, I mix feeding different types of food & the Firefish, gobies, clownfish, yellow tang eat it up fast!!!