- Carbo-Calcium Powder Calcium & Alkalinity Additive - Tropic Marin
Concentrated Calcium & Alkalinity for Advanced Reefers!
Tropic Marin Carbo-Calcium contains a balanced ratio of calcium and carbonate (alkalinity) in a single solution. Traditionally two or more solutions are required but Carbo-Calcium relies on biological processes to release calcium and carbonate from a single liquid without the worry of precipitation or oxygen depletion. There are no by-products or unwanted excess CO2, phosphates, nitrates, or other pollutants while keeping a stable pH.
- A little powder makes a lot of liquid
- Easy to mix with RODI water
- Maintains proper ionic balance
- Doesn't increase salinity (no sodium chloride)
- Single solution for calcium & alkalinity
- Suitable for all size aquariums
- No byproduct formation
- Suitable for all types of corals
- Easy to use
- Dosing pump ready once mixed
Two Sizes Available:
- 700 g
- 1400 g
- The 700 g (1.5 lbs.) can of Carbocalcium Powder is sufficient for 5 liters (1.3 gallons) liquid solution, the 1400 g (3 lbs.) can for 10 liters (2.6 gallons) liquid solution.
- 6 level measuring spoons of Carbocalcium Powder are dissolved in 1 liter (0.26 gallons) reverse osmosis water to create the liquid mineral solution.
- Starting with a daily dose of 5 ml of Carbo-Calcium liquid solution per 100 liters (26 gallons) of total system volume. Increase the daily dose by monitoring the alkalinity. Increase the dose by 2.5 ml per 100 liters until a constant alkalinity of 7-9 dKH is achieved.
Note: In larger systems, Carbo-Calcium Powder can be added directly to a high flow area of your tank without any pre-mixing.
Maximum daily dose - 25 ml of Tropic Marin Carbo-Calcium per 100 liters.
Tropic Marin Carbo-Calcium Powder Contains: (per 700g)
- 40,000 mg Calcium
- 5,600 dKH
Works as advertised By Keith on 9/21/2018Keith would recommend this product to a friendI've been using for about two weeks as of this review. So far, there is balance between calcium and alkalinity in my tank using a combo of carbo calcuim and kalk. I dose kalk at night and this stuff during the day. My main concern with this experiment was how much carbon dosing is added to my tank. According to RHF on reef2reef the formate in this product offers very little energy to bacteria compared to vinegar. I have a 60 gallon system and was already dosing 15ml per day of vinegar. I've noticed an increase in white film (bacteria) on the glass since I started using. Noticeable but not drastic. Another observation is that it seems to help buffer pH swings in my system. I run a fuge with reverse daylight and dose kalk at night to help minimize pH swings. Dosing carbo calcium during the day seems to help lower pH better than the sodium bicarb I was using before. My pH swing is reduced/improved with this product. Previously, I was dosing 30ml of BRS sodium bicarb and I'm dosing 10mL per day of this stuff. It appears to be considerably more potent than traditional 2 part. No noticeable changes to the health of my tank (sps dominant, but mixed lps, softies and anemones in there too!).
Starting at: $10.79
Starting at: $15.13
Starting at: $12.32
Starting at: $15.72