AF-RS170 Automatic Filter Roller for RedSea 170 - Aquamaxx
Earn 1,690 Reward Points Earn 845 Reward Points$169.99
Designed for use with the Red Sea REEFER 170*, the Red Sea REEFER 170 Deluxe*, and similar sumps*, the AF-RS170 Automatic Filter Roller by AquaMaxx allows you to enjoy your aquarium with less maintenance by removing the need to constantly change your own filter socks or sponges. Leaving clogged filter socks in your system for too long increases the chance for food and waste to decay and pollute your tank. The AF-RS170 eliminates this chance by automatically removing this waste from your water column before it has time to break down.
- High volume filtration capacity
- Completely replaces the need for filter socks
- Self-assembly for easy cleaning
- Automatic advance of dirty fleece
- Top-feeding design for more universal applications
- Compact design with minimal footprint
Water is fed top-side into the unit via your pipe drain or tubing-- no fittings required. As water passes through the chamber, the filter fleece begins to clog with detritus, uneaten food, and organic waste. The clog causes the water to rise within the AF-RS170 chamber and trigger the water level switch, which then signals the motor to wind the filter roll to a new, fresh piece. The water level will then drop and the process will repeat itself until the roll is near its end.
*Please note that the AF-RS170 will not work in conjunction with the stock ATO in Red Sea aquariums, as both products are installed in the same spot. When using the AF-RS170 in Red Sea aquarium models, it will be required to use a different method for auto top off of your aquarium. If you would like recommendations, please reach out to our customer service team.
- Clearer Water - Because waste has no time to break down in the water column, the result is cleaner and clearer water
- Hassle-Free Upkeep - Replace your dirty filter fleece roll easily by loosening two thumbscrews to remove the roll holder
- Reduced Maintenance - No need for swapping filter socks every few days
- Water is fed from top side of the unit-- just position your pipe drain or tubing into the AF-RS170 chamber, no fittings required!
- Suitable for fresh and marine aquariums
- Designed to fit the sump of the Red Sea REEFER 170 and the Red Sea REEFER 170 Deluxe, but also compatible with other Red Sea models and similar sump setups
- Flow rate: 750 gph
- Footprint: 5 7/8" x 4 3/8"
- Height: 17 1/2"
- Total Clearance Required: 10 1/4"L x 7 1/4"W
- Optimum operation water depth: 4 to 5" (measured from the bottom of the unit)
- Power Supply: 100-240v
- Motor: 12v DC
- Roll Width: 3.5"
- Roll Length: 82 ft
- Roll Micron Rating: 50µ
|Product Name||AF-RS170 Automatic Filter Roller for RedSea 170 - Aquamaxx|