AF Natural Substrate (7.5 L Bag)
AF Natural Substrate is a nutrient rich, peat & clay based substrate for planted aquariums. It contains readily available micronutrients to support plant growth over long periods.
- Peat and clay based natural substrate
- Designed for freshwater planted aquariums
- Rich in readily available micronutrients and trace elements
- High Cation Exchange Capacity to absorb and distribute excess nutrients
Peat creates excellent conditions for root systems, supplying plants with all necessary minerals and trace elements. Clay improves the aubstrate texture to create an aquascaping base with an ideal consistency. Both peat and clay naturally store excess nutrients to help maintain biological balance in the tank. The peat and clay's natural Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) will also absorb any excess nutrients from the water, and either make them available through the roots, or release them back into the water once it becomes depleted.
Micronutrient contents have been supplemented under laboratory supervision to make sure that aquatic plants have an abundance of trace elements, while the chemical balance of the tank stays in check. AF Natural Substrate is rich in micronutrients, so for the first three months it is not recommended to use of fertilizers containing micronutrients unless the plants show visible signs of deficiency.
- Spread the substrate on the bottom of the tank and compact it to achieve approx. 2-2.5 cm thick layer.
- Cover with about 3cm of gravel or sand.
- Gently fill aquarium with about 15 cm of water.
- Fill the aquarium with water.
10 L of AF Natural Substrate should be sufficient for a 200 L aquarium with a 100 cm x 40 cm bottom. Substrate can lower and stabilize the pH of the water, therefore it is recommended to use a dedicated test or probe.