- A360X Refugium LED Grow Light - Kessil
It's never been easier to get the massive macroalgae growth you're looking for!
Using a quality light source with proper spectrum and intensity to grow algae makes a huge difference in effectiveness of the refugium for nutrient export, and we have seen some of the most impressive results with Kessil's H-series lights. Up to now though, we have been adapting this lighting from the horticulture industry. Now Kessil has delivered a light built for our specific hobby and needs. Sporting the new low-profile A360X body, advanced control capabilities, and increased durability, Kessil brings us a light purpose-built to deliver maximum results in aquatic refugium applications.
The A360X Refugium comes with the Narrow Reflector to prevent unwanted light spill into other areas of your sump. The addition of the Narrow Reflector focuses the light output and allows for better light penetration in deeper sumps. The reflector can also be removed for wider, shallower refugiums for coverage up to 36" x 36".
Recommended Coverage (w/Narrow Reflector): 24" x 24"
Maximum Coverage (w/out Narrow Reflector): 36" x 36"
- Grow Spectrum - The Grow spectrum is designed for all-around vegetative growth thoughout the life cycles of many different macroalgaes and is ideal for use with refugiums with Chaetomorpha, Graciliaria, Halymenia, and others.
- Blue Spectrum - The blue spectrum quickly develops the frame of a plant during various stages by promoting prolific stem extension. This spectrum is also more suited to refugiums where corals may be housed.
- Daylight Mode - A pure white channel is dedicated to daylight mode, allowing you to illuminate your sump during maintenance or photos.
- Bloom Spectrum - The Bloom spectrum boosts yield by encouraging plentiful flowering during the plant's crucial reproductive stage. Use this if you have any type of flowering plant you would like to encourage growth on.
- Red Spectrum - The Red spectrum is designed for tissue culture producing maximum root growth during the plant’s whole life. During the finishing stage, the red spectrum also increases the plant’s productivity and the quality of the harvest. This wavelength is mostly used for terrestrial plant growth.
The A360X Refugium has been specifically designed to hold up in the harsh, high humidity environment around our sumps. The innovative Vortex Fan and first-class sunflower heat sink manage heat extremely well and enhance the longevity and efficiency of the lights.
The A360X Refugium is switchable between the Grow, Blue, Daylight, Bloom, and Red Spectrum settings via the onboard control knobs, and is also compatible with the Kessil A360X WiFi Dongle, which lets you control any A360X light without the need of additional cords or hardware. The WiFi Dongle will plug right into the K-Link connector and let you connect directly to the light with any Android or iOS phone. The intuitive app allows you to daisy-chain your A360X Refugium to your main tank lights and program it independently for seamless control from a single source. The Kessil Wifi app features a variety of programming options, including a Quick Set mode which programs the light to come on at night when the display lights go off, as well as a Daylight Mode for quick viewing of the refugium under white light.
Note: The A360X Refugium is not currently compatible with the Spectral Controller X, however a future update of the firmware is planned which will allow use of the hardwired controller.
Dimensions: 4.3" x 2.1" / 11cm x 5.3cm
Unit Weight: 0.8lb / 0.37kg
Coverage with Reflector: 24" x 24"
Coverage without Reflector: 36" x 36"
Power Adapter: 100-240V AC (input) 19V DC (output)
Power Consumption: 90W max
- A360X Refugium
- Narrow Reflector
- Power Adapter
- AC Adapter Cable
- DC Extension Cable
- Hanging Ring
- Metal Screw Hook
- Hanging Bracket
Upgraded to this light. By Nick on 7/6/2020Nick would recommend this product to a friendI'm very happy with the performance of this light compared to my old kessil refuge light. This thing is growing chaeto like a champ. I'm pulling out basketball sized clumps every week. Even had to start dosing nitrate because of the growth. I should scale back the intensity to prevent this, but it's easier to dose nitrate to where I want it than experiment with light intensity which takes days to see.
Either way, I'm super impressed.
Not Worth the Price! By Fadi on 5/4/2020Fadi wouldn't recommend this product to a friendJust received the kessil a360x refugium and I am very disappointed in its performance. I bought this unit to replace an AI prime fuge light that I thought was a bit underpowered, but after installing the kessil i wasnt happy with the output of light it produced compared to the AI prime at TWICE THE PRICE! I wouldn't recommend this item if you are looking for a high output fuge light, the AI peime produces a higher intensity of light with the same spread. I'm not sure if BRS will accept the return if I opened the product and mounted on the fuge, but I am very unhappy with it.
Does this have an intensity adjustment for acclimation? If I recall this was a shortcoming on the H380, it was on or off with two presets.
It will have two knobs, one for presets and the other is for intensity.