Bulk Reef Supply

Swing Check Valve

Grouped product items
Product Name Qty
3/4” Swing Check Valve - Slip X Slip

SKU: 202458

In stock


- +
1” Swing Check Valve - Slip X Slip

SKU: 202459

In stock


- +
1 1/4” Swing Check Valve - Slip X Slip

SKU: 202465

In stock


- +
1 1/2” Swing Check Valve - Slip X Slip

SKU: 202460

In stock


- +
2” Swing Check Valve - Slip X Slip

SKU: 202461

In stock


- +

Check valves allow one directional water flow and are used to prevent back siphoning. They are commonly used on return pump outputs to prevent water overflowing the sump in the event of a power outage, pump failure or maintenance.

  • Slip x Slip
  • Connection must be permanently glued


The golden rule of plumbing is that every job takes three trips to the store. While this can be frustrating locally it can be much worse when shopping online. Being short a fitting or two can delay a plumbing project for days. Here are some quick tips to avoid this.

  • Plan your plumbing on paper
  • Don't skimp on unions. Unions allow for easy breakdown and maintenance as well as remove the need for precise elbow placement. Use them as often as possible.
  • When in doubt order extra. We happily accept returns for a full refund (less shipping) on all unused fittings within one month of purchase. A few extra bucks in return shipping is less frustrating than a project delay.
More Information
SKU brs-swing-check-valve
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Swing Check Valve
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

Good Day!
I have 1.25" O.D. (1" I.D.) vinyl tubing on a 330 GPH return pump for my aquarium sump.
Is the 1.25" Slip x Slip dimension the inside diameter of the check valve?
Is the valve material PVC?
I'm concerned about connections as PVC glue will not adhere to vinyl.
Thanks in advance.
Question by: Thomas on Sep 23, 2022, 4:41 PM
Hey there,
Thank you for reaching out to us. You would want to glue a barb into the valve to use with tubing. the 1.25" slip x slip dimension, means that it takes either 1.25" pipe or fittings.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
Answer by: Matt Lucero (BRS Staff) on Sep 27, 2022, 10:33 AM
Hello can you use the swing type either vertically or horizontally?
Question by: Kevin on Oct 28, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hey Kevin,
As long as they are installed correctly they can be used in either orientation.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Oct 28, 2013, 12:25 AM