- Smart UV 18 Watt - Pentair Aquatics
Emperor Aquatics is now Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems.
Why does BRS recommend this?
When it comes to UV most other companies will recommend a small UV for a large tank which in reality won’t do much more than make your water look a bit clearer. If your ultimate goal is to keep bacteria, protozoa, and other free-floating pathogens at bay there really is no better choice than Pentair Aquatics for UV sterilizers. With their real-world ratings, we have tried other UV sterilizers and really nothing else has come close. Even though they are a bit more expensive than other brands, their performance makes them worth every penny.
Suggested Aquarium Size: 100 gallons or less
- Inlet/Outlet: 1.5" Slip Unions
- Minimum Operational Flow Rate: 48 GPH
- Maximum Operational Flow Rate: 108 GPH
Pentair Aquatics SMART UV series features a compact space saving design which utilizes a 3" reaction chamber. When used properly UV Sterilizers significantly reduce the chance of encountering disease or algae outbreaks.
UV sterilizers are most effective as a preventative measure against disease outbreak. While not infallible a properly sized and set up sterilizer will add a significant barrier to disease outbreak. Protecting your system and it's inhabitants will ultimately save money, promote long-lived healthy fish and increase satisfaction received from the hobby. Sterilizers can also be used as a component of an effective strategy to current outbreak. Primarily to help ensure the outbreak doesn't re-emerge after treatment. Anyone who has had the misfortune to encounter an outbreak will appreciate the importance of preventive measures against future problems.
Bulk Reef Supply carries only the Pentair Aquatics line of UV Equipment because we feel they are the best UV sterilizers available to the aquarium industry and one of the few brands that offer legitimately sized units capable of fulfilling their claims.
Pentair Aquatics UV Sterilizers are superior to the competition in the following ways:
- Sterilizers are accurately sized based on contact time, flow rate and tank volume to achieve realistic results.
- Suggested sizes are based on end of bulb life to ensure continuous results
- Suggested flow rates factor in the water clarity and UV Transmittance of typical aquariums rather than basing them on purified water.
- Unique design maximizes the effective contact time by utilizing the full bulb length.
- Pentair Aquatics is trusted by zoos, universities and public aquariums including Duke University, Monterey Bay Aquarium, SeaWorld, Georgia Aquarium, USDA Agricultural Research
|Model No.||Maximum Aquarium Size||No. Lamps/Watts||Water Flow Rate Algae and Bacteria 30,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum||Water Flow Rate|
180,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum
|Input Watts||Dimensions (Inches)||Inlet/Outlet|
|EU18-U||100 Gallons||1/18||360 GPH/726 GPH||48 GPH/108 GPH||18||23" x 4"||1½" Union|
UV’s are worth the price By Scott on 6/24/2018Scott would recommend this product to a friendThis is my 3rd sterilizer. I own a 50 and a 24 watt in other tanks. Do you need a protein skimmer or UV, No! Everything adds up to a healthier and lower maintenance hobby. I can see the difference and Pentair is world renowned. You can buy less expensive products but reget it later or end up spending more in the long run. These are heavy duty, no issues, and a yearly bulb change and that is it. My aquarium glass stays clear longer and no problems with infections. Low cost security blanket which helps in the long term. Would recommend!
There are no videos related to this product.
Starting at: $1.39
Starting at: $0.99
Starting at: $1.69