- Skimz Monzter SM251 Internal Protein Skimmer
The Skimz E-Series SM251 Internal Protein Skimmer gives you high performance skimming at a great value. Bubble plate design minimizes pre-mature bubble bursting which also reduces height of the skimmer.
- Rated for tanks 264 -793 gallons (1000-3000 Liters)
- BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 280 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 360 gallons
- Light Bioload - 480 gallons
- Air intake: 507 GPH (1920 LPH), making it capable of handling a higher water throughput.
- Operating Depth: 7" to 9.5"
- Low power consumption and high performance
- Skimmer draws water directly from sump
- Features (2) Skimz ES5000 Needlewheel Pump - no feed pump required
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Body Diameter: 9.84" (250mm)
- Foot Print: 11.46” x 11.46” (291mm x 291mm)
- Total Height: 22.64” (575mm)
- Cup Diameter: 251 mm
ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 507 GPH (1920 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Great skimmer...but By Dave on 7/14/2017Dave would recommend this product to a friendJust a small BUT. Very sensitive to tank water level. Get it right or you'll have overflows.
Outstanding skimmer!! By Damon C. on 9/3/2015Damon C. would recommend this product to a friendI have this skimmer on my 210(TWV) system. I purchased a SM163 upon the recommendation of brs staff, prior to their instituting their "own" recommended tank sizes for the skimmers.
So I recieved the 163 and it began skimming in about 4 hours. It worked great, so I thought. Upon seeing the recommendations for my sized tank, I then ordered this 251. I thought and wanted to purchase the 253, simply because of the difference in air volume, and the DC pump that was on the 163.
But I must admit, the dual pump option looked great to me also! The skimmer, of course came unbuilt, but it only took 15 minutes or so to build and get into the stand. I plugged each independent power cable into my apex and turned it on. I was and still am amazed at the amout of bubbles and quiteness this thing produces and is. I can hear a slight hum if I am in the sump, but that is it. I set it basically with 4 threads showing on the air valve adjustment screws. 12 hours later, it was skimming.
Every since then, this "beast" has been pulling a crazy amount of skim. It has been going strong ever since! It filled up the collection cup for me after 36 hours with dark tea colored skimmate.
I wet skim because I have pellets, and I am always searching for a highly adjustable skimmer. WIth this unit, I can make a simple adjustment on the level control and it almost immediately respnds. It does not surge or lose it's skim level either. For the long term, since it does pull so heavily, I am going to set up a waste container with valve. But this one is a beast! A monster skimmer!
It's highly adjustable and easy to tune. A definate item that, if you have 200 gallons of water volume, I highly suggest taking a look at it.. It is an excellent piece of equipment..
No questions yet. Be the first to ask a question!
You May Also Be Interested In...