- Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration Fluid (OPEN BOX) - Bulk Reef Supply
Must have equipment for aquarists! Easily and accurately measure the salinity of your tank. Simple to use and read. This unit automatically compensates for temperature. FREE Salinity Calibration Fluid included. Calibrating your unit ensures correct salinity readings.
Refractometers are one of the best pieces of equipment an aquarist can purchase. It not only ensures accurate measurements of salinity but it is also infinitely easier to use and read.
Range: 1.000 - 1.070 SG
Comes with the following:
- Carrying Case
- Screw Driver for calibrating
- Adjustable eyepiece
- Salinity Calibration Fluid. Calibrates to sg 1.026 (35ppt)
Steps to calibrate your unit:
1) Using the dropper place a few drops of the solution on the glass and close the lid.
2) Looking through the unit and turn the screw until the unit reads sg 1.026 (35ppt)
3) Screw the cap back on your calibration solution for storage. It is important that the cap is on tight or water will evaporate and ruin the solution.
*** Do not calibrate using RO/DI water as this will not give accurate readings for saltwater aquariums***