Reef Strontium - Liquid Strontium Additive
Reef Strontium is formulated to replenish and maintain strontium to levels found in natural seawater without affecting pH. Strontium serves a similar function, though at a lesser degree, to calcium, and holds a similar importance in maintaining strong growth in stony corals. Strontium occurs in natural seawater at a concentration of about 8 to 10 mg/L. It is chemically very similar to calcium, and many organisms incorporate it in their skeletons along with calcium. Its addition to reef aquariums aids the growth of corals, coralline algae and other organisms that lay down a calcereous skeleton or shell, including tridacnid clams.
- Restores and maintains strontium to levels found in natural seawater
- Strontium gluconate
- Concentrated (10,000 mg/L
Reef Strontium contains 10,000 mg/L of available strontium as a gluconate complex. Gluconate complexation confers several benefits: it increases the bioavailability of the strontium, it provides a rich source of metabolic energy to help maintain peak coral growth, and it inhibits strontium precipitation/alkalinity depletion. Gluconate contains no nitrogen or phosphorous, thus it is biologically impossible for it to lead to algae growth in a properly maintained reef system.
Available in Five Sizes
- 100 mL
- 250 mL
- 500 mL
- 4 Liter
- 20 Liter
Amounts per 1 g
- Strontium: 10 mg
Use 1 capful (5 mL) per 80 L (20 US gallons) twice a week.
- Check strontium level, then follow addition regimen above until strontium is adjusted to 8–12 mg/L.
- Each 5 mL/80 L will raise strontium by about 0.6 mg/L.
- Quantity or frequency can be adjusted as required to maintain strontium.
- After determining the strontium consumption rate, set up a continuous drip system.
- Use the following formula to determine how much to add to your top-off water:
m=0.1vs (m=mL of product to add to top off water, v=volume of tank in liters, s=amount to raise strontium in mg/L).
Example: If you want to raise strontium by 2 mg/L in a 200 liter (50 US gallons) tank, then you would add 0.1x200x2=40 mL into the top-off water. [For reference: 1 gallon=3.8 L].
|SKU||Reef Strontium - Liquid Strontium Additive - Seachem|
Login and Registration Form