Plastic & Acrylic Polish #2 Fine Scratch Remover
Novus Plastic and Acrylic cleaning solutions are widely used by professionals in almost every industry. Their easy system is very simple to follow and the results speak for themselves. Use the whole system or just a single step to make your Acrylic tank look better than new. Works on a wide variety of plastic surfaces.
Fine Scratch remover will remove most fine scratches, haziness, and other abrasions from acrylic and most other plastics while restoring faded and discolored plastics. By removing the damaged areas instead of filling them in like other products the abrasion is gone for good. For best results we recommend polishing with step #1 anytime after using step #2.
- Step 1: Observe condition of the surface to be treated. The deeper the scratches, the greater the pressure required to remove them. If the surface is dirty, clean with NOVUS No.1 before applying NOVUS No. 2.
- Step 2: Shake well. Test in an inconspicuous area.
- Step 3: Apply NOVUS No. 2 liberally. Using a clean, soft cloth, polish with a firm back-and-forth motion at right angles to the scratches. Keep the cloth saturated with polish at all times.
- Step 4: When the worst scratches have been polished out, reapply NOVUS No.2 uniformly in a circular motion to the entire surface using short, circular strokes and light pressure. Allow to dry to a light haze.
- Step 5: Using a clean portion of the cloth, buff the surface to a slippery glaze using firm, short strokes. This procedure is imperative in achieving the best results.
- Step 6: For heavy scratches, multiple applications of NOVUS No. 2 or application of NOVUS No. 3 may be required.
- Step 7: Follow with NOVUS No. 1 for best results.
Note: For fine scratches that will not be removed by Novus #1 Plastic Clean & Shine we suggest using Novus #2 Fine Scratch Remover. Larger, deeper scratches may require Novus #3 Heavy Scratch Remover.
Login and Registration Form