- Poseidon 200 Ozone Generator - Black Edition - Ozotech
Why does BRS recommend this?
When it comes to ozone reactors the Poseidon is a class leader by producing by constantly outperforming its competition. With an adjustable output, and patented Cold Spark Corona Discharge not many other ozone generators come close to its performance in its price range. With serviceable parts, and great customer service, Ozotech only does ozone and they do it very well.
Input - 0.25"
Output - 0.25"
Bulk Reef Supply considers Ozotech to be the leading brand of ozone products available to the aquarium industry for a number of reasons:
- Ozotech only does ozone and they do it well. Their products are not a sub line of an aquarium company whose specialty isn't ozone.
- The Corona Discharge unit is replaceable by the aquarium hobbyist in just a few minutes, where other brands require the user to buy a new unit when the corona discharge wears out.
- 1 year warranty
- Ozotech has fantastic customer service. Troubleshooting and customer service phone calls and emails are answered promptly.
Using Ozone will have the following benefits in the aquarium:
- Healthier corals and increased polyp extension due to the oxidation and breakdown of corals defensive toxins
- Consistently clear water and proper light penetration due to the oxidation and breakdown of color pigments.
- Increased skimmer efficiency due to ozone causing waste particle to attract each other creating larger easier to filter particles.
- Oxidation and breakdown of fish waste and uneaten food.
Ozotech Poseidon specs and benefits:
- 1 year WARRANTY
- Patented Cold Spark Corona Discharge
- 12 VDC, 800mn ( AC/DC adaptor is included)
- Rugged Aluminum Enclosure
- Dimensions W 4.25" x H 2.5" x L 7.5"
- Stainless Steel C/D Manifolds
- Factory Tested and Calibrated
- Medium Frequency, Solid State Electronics
- Wall Mountable
- Corrosion Resistant
- Unlike UV ozone generators, the output does not degrade overtime
- High output gas concentration for enhanced solubility
- Simple and reliable operation
- Easy to service, virtually maintenance free
- True 220 mg/hr generator at usable airflow rates
Safety Note We strongly recommend using ozone in conjunction with an ORP controller to ensure it is used safely. It is extremely important to use carbon on both the air and water output of the reactor or protein skimmer. Ozone is not healthy to breath in large quantities so if you can smell it in your home at all please change the carbon.
Great Product By Jon Granados on 7/9/2018Jon Granados would recommend this product to a friendOverall a great product. At first I tried the ozone without drying the air and it seemed I had to run the ozone for a couple hours everyday. Once I got the air dryer It cut my time down to minutes from hours and saw real results. I wouldnt recommend buying just the ozone without the dryer. Its a must in my opinon. I ran ozone for up to 8 hours once to try to get the results I wanted prior to the air dryer. Now I run a couple minutes a day because it became so effective with the air dryer. You also need a good air pump to run this product or you need to connect your skimmer to the “out” section of the ozone so it pulls air through the ozone. Again, use an air drying product, its not worth buying unless you are running everything together.
Nice ozonizer; very effective and economical By Randall on 8/8/2017Randall would recommend this product to a friendI've been using this ozone generator for about 3 months now. Very easy to set up and operate. Use with an air dryer for most consistent results. And ozone resistant tubing and check valve from device to skimmer or reactor. The simple dial is labeled 1 to 10, which should nominally be 20 to 200 mg/hr ozone, although I doubt the relationship is linear, so you just have to dial it in to effect. I found that the ozonizer is VERY powerful when you first start it, and takes a few weeks to calm down, so definitely my recommendation to start using ozone at a setting of 1, and titrate from there based on effect on ORP and absence of effect on livestock. I currently have mine set at 4. After awhile, you'll find that your ozonizer will run less and less to maintain a specific ORP. My tank currently hovers around 400-430 ORP with less than 30 minutes total ozonizer operation per day.
IT WORKS GREAT By Russell on 4/13/2016Russell would recommend this product to a friendOZONE GENERATOR - BLACK EDITION I think the price is a little high but what is not in this hobby
this item works great, and along with my APEX and an air dryer helps keep my ORP just were i want it to be make sure you use carbon and an old protein skimmer, LOVE THIS HOBBY
No related items recommended for this product.