- Nero 5 Powerhead (3000 GPH) - Aqua Illumination
Small, Powerful, and Smart!
Max Flow - 3000 GPH
Aqua Illumination's Nero 5 creates an adjustable broad flow that is strong but gentle at the same time. Traditional propeller designs produce a hard stream that can irritate corals where the Nero 5's innovative propeller pushes water in a wide pattern that can move foods, detritus, or other free-floating particles around without blasting corals directly. Powerheads have many different uses around a reef tank, but the main goal is to produce enough flow to keep low-flow spots from forming in your tank and help elevate detritus to be sucked into the filtration. With BlueTooth LE technology you can set the pump up into different modes, or create a daily schedule to change the flow up throughout the day.
- Whisper Quiet
- Compact Design
- Broad Flow
Now with BlueTooth LE, connect to your pumps faster with a longer range and unlocks a bunch of features, but mostly lets you skip the whole process of creating a wireless network to interface through. Now with the Aqua Illumination Nero 5, open the MyAi App, choose a mode, and control the flow in your aquarium. Different flow modes let you choose what is right for your corals and fish. A couple notable modes are the Random and Schedule modes, create a full-blown daily schedule that cycles through different modes and settings throughout the day, or let the Nero 5 randomize itself with the Random mode. The included controller only has one button but is very powerful and if you do not want to control the pump through a smart device don't worry, pressing or holding the button for different lengths of time can change the speed, mode, or turn the pump off or on without having to access any additional control interfaces.
- Random - Keep your tank guessing with the random flow mode. The Nero 5 will randomly change its flow rate throughout the day creating natural water movement throughout your reef tank.
- Pulse - Creating a standing wave can be done with the Nero 5 in Pulse Mode. The pulse interval can be changed to harmonize with your aquarium, along with the max flow rate. Having a wave can cause additional stress on your aquarium, but is a great method for lifting settled detritus from hard to reach areas.
- Constant - Set it and forget it! Just set the appropriate flow rate and the Nero 5 will keep flowing at that speed until you change the mode or flow.
- Schedule - Create a schedule that can utilize multiple different flow modes. With the MyAi app creating a schedule for your flow is simple and can be done in minutes!
- Feed - If you target feed, having a pump with feed mode is a requirement. Just hold the driver button for 2-5 seconds to put the Nero 5 into feed mode for 10 minutes.
- All-Off - Turn off your pump whenever you want with full control over when they turn back on. Just hold the driver button for 6 or more seconds to turn the pump off. Touching the button again will restart the pump.
Get the MyAi App!
Mounting the Nero 5 only takes a minute and with the included magnetic mounting system moving the pump around only takes a second. Giving around 15° of movement, you can angle the Nero 5 to direct flow in your aquarium where you need it. The two-part mounting system incorporates an inner magnet and an outer magnet that can couple together through 1/2" of glass or less, and the pump then sits into the beveled inner magnet for an isolated and quiet mounting system.
Max Flow - 3000 GPH
Max Glass Thickness - 1/2"
Dimensions (wetside) - 2.1" x 2.8"
Power Consumption - (variable) 30W @ 120VAC max
1x Nero 5 Powerhead
1x Nero 5 Controller
1x Magnet Mounting System
1x Power Supply
1x Instruction Set
Thumbs Up By MochaStorm on 10/18/2018MochaStorm would recommend this product to a friendI just bought this device a few hours ago for my 25 lagoon. I know it was too much power for my nano tank but I wanted something I could transfer to a larger tank when I upgraded. I chose this over the MPs, Maxspect or Icecap because of the app control. I can run these at 5% and the app tells me how many GPH I am pushing.
Awesome wave maker By Steve B on 10/5/2018Steve B would recommend this product to a friend5 stars. Bought 2 for my 150. Small sleek design, no big power brick. Small controller and box power adapter. I was able to fit the controller through my 1in drill holes in my stand so I can mount with my other equipment. Looks awesome in the tank and I love the blue fan blade. ALSO! 4 of them can be linked together and set to 360° mode in the app. I’m building a 300 gallon and will be buying 4 more. They are very quite pumps.
Great compact form with great flow By Tommy on 10/5/2018Tommy would recommend this product to a friend46G bowfront tank full of live rock leaves me little choice for in tank power heads or the great products made by Ecotech. This small compact form is excellent for tight spots! Soft pads between the motor and the inside magnet and then another set of soft pads between the magnet in and the glass. I have this Nero 5 in my bedroom reef so noise had to be silent. This new Nero 5 doesn't disappoint. I will be ordering a 2nd unit to the tank. The smart phone app is great and really is easy to use. Don't hesitate to buy one.
Great Pump By Fabian on 9/28/2018Fabian would recommend this product to a friendI bought this pump to replace a cheap Jebao, and 4 powerheads on my 60 Gal. Cube Reef Tank. This pump is small but amazing at what it can do! I only run this on 30% pulsing and it moves water amazingly. I own 2 Ai Prime lights and using the app with the Nero 5 is so fast! The only cons at this time is just waiting to see what amazing schedules Reefers come up with. Being $300 I can see why so many people are hesitant to purchase, I would honestly say this pump is worth it so far. I've never used any Ecotech products so I cant compare them at all.
There are no videos related to this product.