Nero 5 Powerhead (3000 GPH)
Small, Powerful, and Smart!
Max Flow - 3000 GPH
Aqua Illumination's Nero 5 creates an adjustable broad flow that is strong but gentle at the same time. Traditional propeller designs produce a hard stream that can irritate corals where the Nero 5's innovative propeller pushes water in a wide pattern that can move foods, detritus, or other free-floating particles around without blasting corals directly. Powerheads have many different uses around a reef tank, but the main goal is to produce enough flow to keep low-flow spots from forming in your tank and help elevate detritus to be sucked into the filtration. With BlueTooth LE technology you can set the pump up into different modes, or create a daily schedule to change the flow up throughout the day.
- Whisper Quiet
- Compact Design
- Broad Flow
Now with BlueTooth LE, connect to your pumps faster with a longer range and unlocks a bunch of features, but mostly lets you skip the whole process of creating a wireless network to interface through. Now with the Aqua Illumination Nero 5, open the MyAi App, choose a mode, and control the flow in your aquarium. Different flow modes let you choose what is right for your corals and fish. A couple notable modes are the Random and Schedule modes, create a full-blown daily schedule that cycles through different modes and settings throughout the day, or let the Nero 5 randomize itself with the Random mode. The included controller only has one button but is very powerful and if you do not want to control the pump through a smart device don't worry, pressing or holding the button for different lengths of time can change the speed, mode, or turn the pump off or on without having to access any additional control interfaces.
- Random - Keep your tank guessing with the random flow mode. The Nero 5 will randomly change its flow rate throughout the day creating natural water movement throughout your reef tank.
- Pulse - Creating a standing wave can be done with the Nero 5 in Pulse Mode. The pulse interval can be changed to harmonize with your aquarium, along with the max flow rate. Having a wave can cause additional stress on your aquarium, but is a great method for lifting settled detritus from hard to reach areas.
- Constant - Set it and forget it! Just set the appropriate flow rate and the Nero 5 will keep flowing at that speed until you change the mode or flow.
- Schedule - Create a schedule that can utilize multiple different flow modes. With the MyAi app creating a schedule for your flow is simple and can be done in minutes!
- Feed - If you target feed, having a pump with feed mode is a requirement. Just hold the driver button for 2-5 seconds to put the Nero 5 into feed mode for 10 minutes.
- All-Off - Turn off your pump whenever you want with full control over when they turn back on. Just hold the driver button for 6 or more seconds to turn the pump off. Touching the button again will restart the pump.
Get the MyAi App!
Mounting the Nero 5 only takes a minute and with the included magnetic mounting system moving the pump around only takes a second. Giving around 15° of movement, you can angle the Nero 5 to direct flow in your aquarium where you need it. The two-part mounting system incorporates an inner magnet and an outer magnet that can couple together through 0.63" of glass or less, and the pump then sits into the beveled inner magnet for an isolated and quiet mounting system.
Included Fish Guard
The fish guard offers more safety to slow-swimming and curious inhabitants.
Included with the Nero 5 as of June 2020.
- Max Flow: 3000 GPH
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.63"
- Dimensions (wetside): 2.1" x 2.8"
- Power Consumption: (variable) 30W @ 120VAC max
- 1x Nero 5 Powerhead
- 1x Nero 5 Fish Guard
- 1x Nero 5 Controller
- 1x Magnet Mounting System
- 1x Power Supply
- 1x Instruction Set
|Power Cord Length||6 Feet|
Yes they are the latest version with bluetooth.
The outer magnet is sealed and safe for submersion.
At this time this pump is not controllable through the Apex. Have a great day!
This is something I played around with when writing a video for them. Along with that, I've programmed a standing wave in a couple of my tanks before, using an aquarium controller. What I found is that with most commonly sized tanks intervals of less than 1-second ON/OFF will typically create a wave like effect. I'd recommend starting there and working down by 1/10th of a second until you find that sweet spot!
How would u do anti-sync with Nero 5. Thanks
The Phase option allows a user dial in an exact flow pattern when using 2 or more Nero powerheads.
Your Nero pumps will have an identical flow setting. You can also think of 0 Degrees as a "sync" mode. For example, if your first Nero is at 100%, your second Nero would also be at 100%.
Your first Nero will turn on at the 0.0 second mark and turn off at the 1.0 second mark. Your second Nero will turn on at the 0.5 second mark and turn off at the 1.5 second mark. 90 Degree settings help create a very dynamic flow pattern.
The second Nero will be on the exact opposite schedule of the first. For example, if your first Nero is at 100% the second Nero would be at 1%. You can think of 180 Degrees as an "Anti-sync" mode.
Login and Registration Form