Careers at BRS
The team at BRS has developed a vibrant, fast-paced, motivated yet laid-back culture - the perfect blend of hard-working and easy-going. With over 50 employees, we've come a long way from our business-in-a-basement beginning and grown into a thriving, stable and exciting company! We keep it fun around here with weekly happy hours, monthly catered lunches, bring your dog to work (every) day, sponsored team sports, cook-offs, meat raffles and even an annual Minute to Win It party with prizes (ok, we're a little competitive)!
Sounds like a great place to work, right? Let's talk! Drop a line to Ann, our Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming in for an interview? Don't forget the application!
The Buyer oversees the acquisition of materials needed for production, general supplies for offices and facilities, equipment, or other related materials to ensure timely and accurate use of company resources and funds.
- Run reports and monitor inventory levels.
- Create and issue PO’sas needed.
- Ensure accurate pricing on PO’s and best shipping methods are utilized.
- Monitor status of issued PO’s, handle issues that ariseand work our Vendor Partners toensure goods arriveon time.
- Monitor back order items and prioritize ordering so customer backorders are resolved in the fastest possible manner.
- Update PO status with accurate shipping information.
- Vendor Partner relationships including some program/pricing negotiations.
- Work with receiving department to resolve vendor issues in the best interests of BRS.
Part Data Entry
- Assist with the entry and maintenance of the part master file.
- Demonstrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies.
- Participate in team development of quarterly and annual project-based goals.
- Perform self-directed activities to support completion of individual and team goals.
- Participate in team meetings and other meetings and projects as needed.
- Other duties, projects and reports as needed.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
- 2+ years of direct purchasing and inventory controlexperience.
- Experience in an E-Commerce or other retailenvironment, preferred.
- Experience managing inventory with multiple vendors/suppliers, including foreign vendors.
- Experience managing inventory of at least 1,000 SKU’s.
- Demonstratedworking knowledge of ERPsoftware.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented andability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions.
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability for planning, organizing and managing projects to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- With oversight, demonstrate ability to interpret and solve tactical problems, resolving problems and issues from experience or using a variety of resources.
Education, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferred; or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment with prolonged sitting at a desk/table, using a computer.
- Carry on a conversation and perform work in an open environment with some background noises.
- Short lengths of time will be spent in warehouse environment and could have varying temperatures.
- Occasional pushing, pulling and lifting objects up to 20 lbs.
- Other requirements will be established as needed.