Careers at BRS
The team at BRS has developed a vibrant, fast-paced, motivated yet laid back culture - the perfect blend of hard-working and easy-going. With over 50 employees, we've come a long way from our business-in-a-basement beginning and grown into a thriving, stable and exciting company! We keep it fun around here with weekly happy hours, monthly catered lunches, bring your dog to work (every) day, sponsored team sports, cook-offs, meat raffles and even an annual Minute to Win It party with prizes (ok, we're a little competitive)!
Sounds like a great place to work, right? Let's talk! Drop a line to Ann, our Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Representative
This position will be responsible for timely and accurate assistance to customers with a variety of needs relating to their orders, aquariums, reef systems, fish or other aspects related to aquariums through an in-bound telephone queue, responding on-line via email, or through live chat functions.
Place Orders and Support
- Provides support for customers utilizing an in-bound telephone system, email, fax, live chat, walk in and will call.
- Answers questions from customers on various aspects of our products, aquariums health, reverse osmosis, reef systems or other related questions by providing targeted industry or product knowledge.
- Assists customers with processing their orders, returns, and refunds.
- Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Advise customer of changes in order fulfillment. Coordinates with production, shipping, order fulfillment or other departments to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
Returns & Credits:
- Receives customer complaints, recommends best course of action, according to established department policies and procedures, involving the Customer Service Manager or other employees as needed and follows through to completion.
- Process customer orders, changes or returns according to established department policies and procedures to include offering credits when applicable.
Aquarium Industry Continued Development, and Education:
- Continued development in the saltwater aquarium industry to include time spent in product research and testing.
- Participate in team meetings and projects, to include developing departmental goals, procedures, and systems.
- Participate in team development of quarterly and annual project-based goals and perform self-directed activities to support completion of individual and team goals.
- Demonstrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties, reports and specialized projects as assigned.
Saltwater Aquaria Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience with saltwater reef systems.
- Familiarity with reverse osmosis and reverse osmosis/de-ionization systems utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of water elements and their function within the reef aquarium, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
- 1 year of telephone customer service, retail or other service experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of email, fax and online customer service systems, preferred
- Working knowledge of multiline (Digium) telephone systems, preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to company core values.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to concentrate on fine-detail with interruptions.
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability for planning, organizing and managing projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- With direct supervision,demonstrate the ability to solve tactical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of written and oral instructions, guides or saltwater aquarium industry standards while maintaining acceptable company core value standards.
Education, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment with prolonged sitting at a desk/table using a computer responding to and interacting with customers by typing emails, typing in live chat and speaking on the phone.
- Prolonged periods of time spent on the telephone.
- Short lengths of time will be spent in warehouse environment and could have varying temperatures between different areas of the building.
- Occasional pushing, pulling and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Carry on a conversation over the phone with some background noises.
- Other requirements will be established as needed.
Compensation: $17-$21 per hour | $500 Sign-On Bonus