Brightwell’s CalcION is part of a complete system for maintaining the major elements. The liquid forms are ready for use in a dosing pump and when coupled with Alkalin8.3 and MagnesION, it is convenient and simple to maintain stable levels of each of these critical components.
- Highly-concentrated ionic calcium solution.
- Increases the concentration of calcium in marine aquarium water to provide reef-building invertebrates with one of the most important elements required for growth.
- Is ionic rather than chelated, and contains no unwanted organic material such as EDTA, gluconate, or polygluconate.
- Over 50% stronger than most competing products.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
Available in Three Sizes
- 250 mL
- 500 mL
- 2 Liters
Instructions and Guidelines
Basic: Shake product well before using. Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 50 US-gallons of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the calcium concentration within a range of 412 - 450 ppm. When used in this fashion, 250 ml treats up to 2,500 US-gallons (9,464 L).
Always try to maintain the [Ca2+] within a range of +/-10 ppm. Daily dosing maintains a more stable calcium concentration (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the calcium spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week.
Shake this product well before each use. Each ml of Calcion will increase the concentration of calcium (“[Ca2+]”) in 1 US-gallon (3.785 L) of water by approximately 40 ppm.
- If the initial [Ca2+] in the aquarium is below 412 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 10 ml per 20 US-gallons daily until the desired calcium concentration is attained.
- Thereafter, dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- To determine the consumption rate of calcium in your system, measure the daily rate of calcium uptake (i.e. the decrease in calcium) in your aquarium by measuring the calcium level at the same time each day over a one-to-two-week period.
- To determine the daily dosing rate (preferred over weekly dosing) for calcium maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in calcium by 40; then multiply this number by the volume of water in the system to get the daily dosage required (in ml) to maintain calcium.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
- Calcium (min) 150,000 ppm
Purified water, Calcium chloride
|SKU||Calcion - Liquid Calcium Reef Additive - Brightwell Aquatics|