- Bubble King Double Cone 180 Protein Skimmer - Royal Exclusiv
Bubble King performance in an elegant, value-oriented package for tanks up to 132 gallons.
The Double Cone is Bubble King's cost saving line, featuring a lightweight wine-glass shaped acrylic body and BK's famous Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy pump. The cost savings comes from the use of lighter weight extruded acrylic for the body and a simpler overall design, and you can expect the same reliability and premium skimmer performance that you would from any Bubble King skimmer.
Bubble King has been the gold standard in premium skimmers for decades now. From tiny details like titanium screws and high performance impeller bearings to premium acrylic bodies and Red Dragon pumps, no detail is overlooked in crafting the highest performing skimmer for the hobbyist who demands the best in every aspect of their system. When you buy a Bubble King, you are getting a skimmer that you can count on to deliver years of reliable service.
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 75 Gallons
- Medium Bioload - 106 Gallons
- Light Bioload - 132 Gallons
- Base Plate: 8.66" x 11.02"
- Foot Print (w/pump): 11.42” x 14.17”
- Total Height: 20.87”
- Output Size: 32mm
- Recommended sump water depth: 5.12" - 9.84"
Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy Pump Specifications:
- Max Air Draw: up to 1,500 LPH
- Max Power Consumption: 50W (Recommend 20-24W for 180 size)
- Motor Speed: Adjustable from 400-4,000 1/Min
- Delivery Rate: 793 GPH
- Pump Dimensions: 3.94 ′′ W x 6.30 ′′ L x 5.51 ′′ H
- Controller Dimensions: 5.51" W x 7.48" L x 2.76" H
- Saltwater resistant M6 grade 2 titanium screws
- Only saltwater resistant pump with titanium rotor, titanium stator and high performance ceramic bearings
- Saltwater resistant parabolic rubber feet for acoustic decoupling
- Extreme low noise brushless DC-delivery pump with grouted power electronics
- Compact dimensions
- Hollow shaft for bypass purging in the rotor housing
- Heavy and massive craftsmanship against vibrations and oscillation
- CE conformity, developed and built according to VDE guidelines
- Bubble King Double Cone 180 Skimmer Body & Lid
- Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy Pump 50 Watt/1,500 l/h
- Red Dragon 3 Pump Controller
You get what you pay for! By Ben on 1/8/2020Ben would recommend this product to a friendI obviously did not purchase my BKDC180 from BRS but I am glad to see they are now offering it. I have owned the skimmer for 3 years and it has been running uninterrupted ever since. Only issue I see is that BRS’s recommendation for a “Heavy Bioload” is grossly understated. I would never put this skimmer on anything less than a 90 gallon. Royal Exclusiv does not exaggerate their skimmer size recommendations like a lot of companies do.