- Matrikx 5 Stage RO/DI Replacement Filter Kit
This kit works with all BRS 5 Stage RO/DI Systems along with most other RO/DI systems that use 10" canisters.
This kit includes:
- Purtrex 5 Micron Sediment Filter
- MATRIKX CTO 5 Micron Carbon Block
- MATRIKX CTO 1 Micron Carbon Block
- 1.25 lb. Color Changing DI Resin Refill
We recommend changing sediment filters when they become visually dirty or there is a noticeable drop in pressure. Change carbon blocks every 6-12 months depending on use. This kit does not include a membrane filter as they need replacement every three years or so, depending on water and set up.
Recommended Installation for this package*
- Stage One - Purtrex 5 Micron Sediment Filter
- Stage Two - MATRIKX CTO 5 Micron Carbon Block
- Stage Three - MATRIKX CTO 1 Micron Carbon Block
- Last Stage - DI Resin
Our filter kits feature some of the most widely used and trusted brands in the world including GE, KX Technologies, and Pentek. The 10” filter size is the industry standard and will fit our systems as well as virtually every brand of RO system that uses similar looking carbon blocks. Most of the filters included in our kits are NSF Certified or WQA Gold Seal Certified and Manufactured using FDA-compliant materials.
*This is our recommended filter arrangement and we have found to be the best combination for the most common installations and water conditions. If you have something unique about your water supply or installation please contact customer service and one of our WQA certified water specialists will be able to assist you. Our onsite chat feature is the quickest way to receive advice but we are available to assist via the phone and email as well.
Worked as expected By Mark on 9/21/2017Mark would recommend this product to a friendBeen a few years since I have run my RO/DI system and I was a bit nervous it may not work anymore. Bought all new filter media and the filters worked perfectly. Great item.
Great value By Ron on 6/21/2017Ron would recommend this product to a friendGreat price for a nice 5-stage filter kit. Have purchased this kit several times and it will continue to be my go to replacement kit.
great value By denbf58 on 4/15/2017denbf58 would recommend this product to a friendgreat price and quality product what more needs to be said
Great Product By DK on 1/13/2017DK would recommend this product to a friendGreat product and cheaper than other places. The DI resin was a little messy to replace but well worth the trouble to save a little cash.
Works great By Jack on 9/7/2016Jack would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use,wouldn't buy from anywhere else
Excellence By Greg on 3/7/2016Greg would recommend this product to a friendGreat products, great staff, very knowledgable about any issue you may hay.
High quality and Perfect fit By Carpathian on 10/26/2015Carpathian would recommend this product to a friendThese seemed to be made very well and fit perfectly. Very easy to replace!
YES! By Sapelo on 7/15/2015Sapelo would recommend this product to a friendGreat product at a great price.
Quick delivery & well marked filter packaging. By Roco on 7/14/2015Roco would recommend this product to a friendReceived the package well before it was expected which allowed me to service the unit in our timeline. The price was very reasonable. The shipping box could have been a bit more substantial.
Great Product By JB on 5/17/2015JB would recommend this product to a friendCan not get a better deal on RO DI items. Work great.
excellent! By jessesoto33 on 4/3/2015jessesoto33 would recommend this product to a friendbest product hands down and price is best also I did the shopping for you!
I have every reason to believe that this is a very solid product at a really decent price. By bilferd on 3/31/2015bilferd would recommend this product to a friendFirst of all, it came with plenty of DI resin (I had to throw a little bit away after packing it well.) Made in USA, which is typically a really good thing. My TDS meter reads 000ppm. The price is right. It just seems like a really good value. The filters seem high quality to the touch. I might be a little bias because I pick it up in person. I haven't really seen what it costs to ship under $175.
Today on BRStv, we have another episode of BRS 52 ...
Starting at: $6.49
Special Price: $89.99
Special Price: $53.99
I own the standard RO unit with the DI, it's been roughly a year and I'd like to replace the necessary components in which need to be replaced within this time. Is this the correct kit to purchase? Thank you kindly.
If you have the 5 stage standard unit this would be exactly the filter kit you would need!
At the least the prefilters should be replaced yearly but it really comes down to usage. The carbon blocks are good for 6000g of total water (which is waste + product) and the sediment filters should be replaced when they become dirty/clogged. If either is clogged it would generally be visible by a decrease of water pressure on an RO/DI pressure gauge.
If you have our 5 stage RO/DI system then you would want the 5 stage RO/DI replacement filter kit. The bag is the bag of DI resin which replaces the DI resin on your RO/DI unit (the last stage).
RO filters are pretty much universal. They will work with your Aquafx unit as well as just about any other unit out there :-)
You will want the 4 stage value replacement filter kit (link below) and possibly the replacement 75 GPD membranes.
The filter that isn't included in the kit (which is different then this one, sounds like you have the 5 stage drinking and reef water replacement filter kit) is the 75gpd RO membrane. They only need to be replaced every 3-5 years, or often even much longer if you treat them nicely. They can be found right here in the future:
Its best practice to replace the sediment filters and carbon blocks yearly if nothing else. Filters like the carbon blocks serve other functions like removing chlorine (which otherwise damage the membrane) and won't show up as TDS when they are depleted. Changing them on a regular basis ensures your not damaging the much more expensive membrane which otherwise should last 3-5 years or even longer.
1) I last purchased filters a few months ago. The sediment filter is a very very light brown. Yet, counter intuitively, I am seeing the pressure rise. I can easily hit 100PSI, unless I dial my kitchen sink back to about 25% output. Is this normal?
2) I've owned the entire unit for several years. In that entire time, I've never seen anything more than 1 TDS for the inlet and 0 for the outlet. No matter how long the unit goes without servicing, that seems unlikely. Is the meter faulty?
1) Eventually that sediment filter will need changing as it gets very filthy, but if the pressure is increasing that's simply because the input water is. High pressure is a good thing but you do want to turn the sink down to keep it under 80.
2) The TDS meter on the unit measures the input of the DI (which is actually the output of the membrane) and the output of the DI. Considering your high water pressure and the fact that the water has already gone through 4 of the 5 stages of filtration, its not that unsual to see a number like 0-1 on the "in" side of the DI resin. Its likely just an indicator that your tap water was fairly low in TDS to begin with. The fact that the output number reads 0 and the resin hasn't turned entirely yellow also support this. Its a good thing, most folks would love to experience this!