- BR87DC Monzter Biopellet Reactor (OPEN BOX BRStv) - Skimz
Recommended for aquariums up to 100 gallons
Skimz Monzter BR87DC biopellet reactor sets up in minutes and easy to use internal or hang-on biopellet reactor. Biopellets can help remove nitrates by the use of a bacteria that will colonize on the biopellets. The bottom feed with the conical design makes the reactor super efficient, requiring less flow than other designs to fluidize the pellets. BRS suggests 1 cup or 236 mL of biopellets per 50 gallons of total system water volume.
- 3.25" body
- 400 mL max capacity
- Included QuietPro 1.2 DC pump
- Easy to use thumb screws
- 1/2" barbed outlet (comes with a short piece of silicone tubing)
- 4.725" L x 5.90" W x 16.55" H
Solid carbon dosing (biopellets) has recently become an extremely popular method of removing nitrates from the aquarium. The exact method of denitrification can be different for each tank but it mainly consists of a few things:
- Nitrate-laden Bacteria is removed via the protein skimmer
- Bacteria directly converts nitrite into nitrous oxide so nitrate is never produced
- Bacteria consumes nitrates and processes them down into nitrogen gas
- Nitrate-laden Bacteria is consumed by tank inhabitants like corals and sponges
Depending on the system it should take 4-8 weeks for the bacteria population to multiply and begin its work on your nitrates. Once you have the reactor going we suggest not making any adjustments for 8 weeks. Give the media and bacteria time to adjust to the parameters found in your tank and begin working. The absolute best advice we can give with this system is to set it up and forget about it for two months. Unless something is obviously not right, resist all temptation to make any changes until the two months are up.
Dimesnsions - 4.725" L x 5.90" W x 16.55" H
Capacity - 400mL
Max Tank Capacity - 100 Gallons
Max Bracket Thickness - 0.74"
Output Size - 1/2"
Speed Variable - 5% - 100%
Voltage - 24V DC
Max Power Consumption - 15W
BRS suggests 1 cup or 236 mL per 50 gallons of aquarium water
1x BR87DC Reactor
1x QP1.2 Pump
1x QP1.2 Controller
1x Pump Strainer
2x Foam Pads
6" Silicone Tubing
There are no videos related to this product.
Starting at: $13.29
Starting at: $29.99
Starting at: $6.99