- Home /
- Vertex Rx-U 2.0L Universal Media Reactor
Starting at: $59.99
Starting at: $22.49
Starting at: $21.99
Works, but needs work first By Bill on 3/10/2014Bill wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe construction is nice on this. However, two things quickly became a pain:
1. The hose barbs included are 3/4". I had to go get hose adapters to convert from 1/2" to 3/4" (I wasn't about to try running 3/4" vinyl tubing to/from the reactor).
2. The foam pads are too course. You can't use them with BRS ROX carbon, the carbon just flows right through the foam and ends up in your tank.
Once I got the hose adapters, and cut out some finer foam pads to replace the Vertex pads, the reactor is working just fine. Build quality seems good.
If I had to do it over again, I'd save the money and get a BRS or TLF reactor.
There are no videos related to this product.
Previously Asked Questions
by bob z on September 1, 2013, @11:32 AM
What size vertex rx-u 1.5, 2.0 or 2.5L for a 150 ga reef and a 40 ga sump for gfo. thank you bob z
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Bob,
With zoevit you want to run 1L of media for every 100g your tank is. So if you have about a 200g system I would go with the 2L reactor!
- Easy Set up
- Easy maintenance because unit can be fully disassembled
- Precision manufacturing using CNC machining for 0 variance between parts
- Cast Acrylic Tube
- PVC Base and lid for maximum durability
- PN16 U-PVC Fittings
- Onboard True Union ball valve for control of flow
- Union connection
- Barbed hose connection
- QUICK-LOC lid design for easy replenishment or removal of media
- Titatium Screws
- Silicone O-Rings
- Internal or External Applications
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee SMS125 pH/ORP Controller ComboEnds in
Regular Price: $214.99
Special Price: $190.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427