- Home /
- Vertex Alpha 300 Protein Skimmer
Absolutely incredible performance By lflint on 4/22/2011lflint would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer is super easy to adjust, easy to dose ozone, perfectly silent and pulls some incredibly nasty stuff out of the water. I use one on a multi-tank system as a replacement for a less efficient unit. Nitrate, nitrite and phosphate levels dropped through the floor and the water is crystal clear. Coral growth has accelerated. It's an expensive unit but worth every penny. Why buy an $800 unit that doesn't perform when you can spend some extra on guaranteed excellence.
Previously Asked Questions
by Robby on April 8, 2014, @6:52 PM
Looking at this skimmer for a 400 gallon reef. Does it have to be placed in sump or can it be plumbed outside the sump?
Thanks, and love your site!!!
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Robby,
All of the current models Vertex skimmers would have to be placed in the sump. Skimmers that could be placed externally would be the "recirculating" skimmers (Vertex does not currently make any models like this). This would be a model that could be plumbed externally and would be large enough for your tank. Thanks for the kind words!
by saoud on April 30, 2014, @6:42 AM
in the details says that the Footprint: 23½" x 18" or 24" x 16½" or 21" x 18"
is that mean that there are three deferent footprint sizes?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Saoud,
Good question. The footprint will vary depending on how you decide to mount the pumps. Different orientations of the pump will end up with slightly different footprints.
- Tank Size: 350 - 650 Gallons (1250 - 2400 L)
- Footprint: 18" x 23.5"
- Height: 27"
- Air Draw: Adjustable 3500 to 4200 LPH
- (2) V-300 Skimmer Pump: approx. 38W (Total 76W)
- 100% cast-acrylic, PET-G and PVC construction
- Full body cone chamber markedly enables stable foam formation
- Super quiet, high-performance skimmer Askol-based pump - most powerful and efficient motor blocks in the industry
- Oversized, CNC-milled bubble plate eliminates turbulence
- Bayonet-style neck provides a secure, leak-free coupling between the cup and body
- Easily accessible Ozone port
- Built in skimmate drain
- Easy maintenance - all parts can be disassembled
- Grade II titanium screws - corrosion resistant
- Silicone O-rings
Deal of the Day!
BRS DIY Kalk Dripper KitEnds in$21.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427