- Home /
- Vertex Alpha 250 Protein Skimmer
Awesome Skimmer By Kim W on 8/31/2012Kim W would recommend this product to a friendI have owned one of these for almost 3 years and must say it is the best skimmer I have ever used (many euro-reefs, ASM, and others). The skimmate is nasty! I use this one on an approximately 425g system and it kicks! Highly recommend.
Can't say enough good By David on 7/12/2012David would recommend this product to a friendI personally love mine and think its the best out there. I have had the vertex alpha 170 and the 250 and both performed excellently. I get thick, gross, putrid stuff out of it monthly and my tank seems to appreciate it.
It is completely silent in my tank and fits in a 40 breeder converted to a sump very well.
Great Skimmer By Kevin on 7/6/2012Kevin would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer is working beautifully on my 400G system. Only downside is that the ozone hose packaged with the unit quickly broke down and fell apart after a couple of weeks of ozone injection.
No more upgrades By Chuck on 3/31/2012Chuck would recommend this product to a friendWell built, very quiet and a workhorse. Their are none better.
Best Skimmer By Vu on 2/1/2012Vu would recommend this product to a friendA little on the pricey side but worth every dollar. This is the best piece of equipment in my tank. Skim like a beast. Also the red dragon pump doesn't hurt :)
Great skimmer By Shane on 4/22/2011Shane would recommend this product to a friendWell built and easy to service. The size requires a fairly large sump.
very good skimmer if you like high end products By woowoodengy on 11/12/2010woowoodengy would recommend this product to a friendbuilt like a tank... works like a champ... i went with the alpha 250 to save 1k over the bubble king and so far i'm happy
Killer skimmer By pitbullguy on 10/6/2010pitbullguy would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer is built like a tank! It skims better than anything I have used or seen. Super easy to adjust and completely breaks down for cleaning. Also very low wattage for what this thing can handle. My system has over 100 corals, 13 fish and some inverts and works great! A+++++
- Tank Size: 200 - 450 Gallons (750 - 1700 L)
- Footprint: 13" x 18.5"
- Height: 24.5"
- Air Draw: Adjustable 1800 to 2100 LPH
- V-250 Skimmer Pump: approx. 38W
- 100% cast-acrylic, PET-G and PVC construction
- Full body cone chamber markedly enables stable foam formation
- Super quiet, high-performance skimmer Askol-based pump - most powerful and efficient motor blocks in the industry
- Oversized, CNC-milled bubble plate eliminates turbulence
- Bayonet-style neck provides a secure, leak-free coupling between the cup and body
- Easily accessible Ozone port
- Built in skimmate drain
- Easy maintenance - all parts can be disassembled
- Grade II titanium screws - corrosion resistant
- Silicone O-rings
Deal of the Day!
BRS 4 Stage RO Drinking Water System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $229.99
Special Price: $189.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427