- Home /
- Skimz Monzter SM202 External Protein Skimmer
No related items recommended for this product.
There are no videos related to this product.
Previously Asked Questions
by David on August 27, 2014, @8:57 AM
1. What is the output height inches for the Skimz Monzter SM202? Is there a way to extend the output height?
2. I see that the total height is 22.83”. My cabinet is 24.5" will I need more then an inch and a half clearance?
3. I have a 150 gallon reef tank that has been running with a small outdated skimmer for almost 20 years - would moving up to the SM252 be overkill for this size tank?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi David,
The bottom of the return pipe sits at 10 1/4" inches. The absolute minimum height to allow you to remove the cup would be about 23 3/4". 24" would be comfortable but a little tight so 24 1/2" would be fine. Just make sure you have the room to clear any other obstacles to actually get the cup out from under the cabinet once removed.
I think the SM202 would be plenty of skimmer for your system and you are going to be amazed at what your old one wasn't pulling out! The SM252 is probably going to be overkill unless you have a ton of fish and feed heavily.
I hope this helps!
Have a great day :)
by David on August 1, 2014, @6:28 AM
Looking at buying SM202.
1) What feed pump would you suggest
2) Can the feed pump and the return be in the same chamber of water
Bulk Reef Supply 1) My preference would be the Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0, though any pump around 500gph should do the trick.
2) That isn't any issue at all.
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Requires feed pump of 528 GPH (2000 LPH)
- Body Diameter: 7.87" (200mm)
- Foot Print: 10.87” x 14.76” (276mm x 375mm)
- Total Height: 22.83” (580mm)
ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 254 GPH (960 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Deal of the Day!
BRS 4 Stage Value RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $129.99
Special Price: $109.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427