- Home /
- Skimz Monzter SM121 Internal Protein Skimmer
No related items recommended for this product.
love this skimmer By Ryan on 11/30/2014Ryan would recommend this product to a friendI've had the skimmer for a few months and have not had a single problem with it. The skimmer is well built and works great set up was not too complicated but took some time to get used to.
Good for wet skim only By Benji on 10/27/2014Benji wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI purchased the Skimz SM121 for my 50 gallon cube reef tank. With the sump it has about 55 gallons water volume. The skimmer is built like a tank and really is a beautiful piece of equipment. I've owned the skimmer for 2 months and have went through hours of trying to adjust it correctly. I feel like the air valve adds a level of complexity and opens it up for more error. I've tried it with with every possible configuration possible but I can only get wet skim. Even though I have a heavily stocked aquarium I would only get 1/4 of the collection cup full with wet skim every week. Maybe it is just too oversized for a 50 gallon tank. I finally gave up after 2 months and switched to a Eshopps cone skimmer S 120 after seeing it in action at my lfs. After 24 hours the eshopps pulled out a dark skim mate with almost no adjustment. I really wanted to like the skimz but it did not work for me.
Great skimmer for the price By Joshua on 9/18/2014Joshua would recommend this product to a friendGreat skimmer, takes a little bit of adjustment and time to set up, note that the instructions that come with the unit are not for this unit. Not incredibly difficult to operate but takes time and patience to get the water intake just right. But once everything is set it pulls out lots of nasty gunk from your tank which is great. The top screws right off so maintenance is quick and easy. High quality at a great price
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Body Diameter: 4.72" (120mm)
- Foot Print: 6.02” x 5.51” (153mm x 140mm)
- Total Height: 20.87” (530mm)
ES2000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 143 GPH (540 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 12 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Deal of the Day!
Aquabreed 200 Calcium & Alkalinity DripperEnds in$16.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427