Ask a question
Thanks for you help.
If the skimmer was fed with a slower amount of water, (Say 200 gph) would this cause problems with the pump, or would it just skim less of the system per hour than advertised? I'm trying to get away from a feed pump and would prefer to feed the skimmer from my display drains, which would be about 200-300 gph.
Thanks for your time.
This skimmer will work great on a 120 gallon system and in the event you add on a frag tank as long as there are not too many fish this will work great! Ideally you will not want lower than the 396 GPH flow rate as this will impact the water height and skimmer performance. You certainly can run a manifold off of your return pump instead of overflow drains. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
- Cone shape body helps push bubbles up, reduces bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Requires feed pump of 396 GPH (1500 LPH)
- 1/2" barbed feed input
- 40mm metric PVC output
- Base Diameter: 7.87" (200mm)
- Foot Print: 10.31” x 11.42” (262mm x 290mm)
- Total Height: 24.8” (630mm)
- Cup Diameter: 181mm
ES2800 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 206 GPH (780 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 13 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump