- Home /
- Reef Octopus DNW150 6” Recirculating Protein Skimmer
Regular Price: $243.99
Special Price: $219.59
Regular Price: $69.99
Special Price: $62.99
Starting at: $12.26
Starting at: $329.99
great product By buck fever on 2/28/13buck fever would recommend this product to a friendI'm new to this hobby , I hooked mine up external to 125 gal. With 33gal. Sump. I don't have a lot of fish and coral yet, 3days in good color at top already. FYI 1 1/4 pvc fits inside large adapter and 1/2 pvc fits inside small adapter.
Great Skimmer By Marcus on 10/2/12Marcus would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer has been up and running on my 120 gallon FOLR set up with a very heavy bio load in it and it produces great dark black skim mate.. My only wish is that it didn't have metric plumbing parts
OOOOOOHHH FOAMY! By Tyson on 9/23/12Tyson would recommend this product to a friendThis is the best skimmer I have ever owned.... and only the second one. But that does not mean I am biased on the subject. I know I could have spent a lot more money and gotten a Deltec or a Vertex, but for the money you get a lot of skimmer here. I have mine external, but you can go in-sump if you like. I have mine fed off my main return pump AND my bio-pellet reactor which makes for some really NASTY skimmate.
Great skimmer! By Charles on 3/21/12Charles would recommend this product to a friendPut this on a 125gl mixed reef, started working almost instantly. Took a little tweaking to get the flow through right, but it's been smooth sailing ever since.
Promises to be a great buy By Chris on 12/14/11Chris would recommend this product to a friendGot the skimmer over the TG weekend for my 90G build. Since the build is still in progress I don't have actual action review yet. But... the 150 looks like a really high quality product. Very well made and put together. Comes w/the gate valve, not the wedge pipe as some pictures seem to show. The pump looks like a tank. Also, not too many people know this, but you can upgrade the pump to the Bubble Blaster 2000 for this skimmer, it is made to fit - got this info from tech support @ CoralVue, which btw is outstanding. The BRS guys are great too, pre and post sale, but you probably already know this if you are shopping here.
great skimmer By Lori on 7/3/11Lori would recommend this product to a friendUsing on a 75 gallon mixed reef. the amount of crap pulled out is amazing. After some tweaking it is pretty much set and forget.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Reef Octopus DNW150 6” Recirculating Protein Skimmer'
Previously Asked Questions
by jeromi on April 10, 2013, @2:51 PM
What size pump does BRS recommend to feed this skimmer?
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Jeromi,
It depends on the size of your tank. For this skimmer Coralvue recommends a pump that is 1.5-2x the size of your aquarium. So if you had a 100g tank you would want a pump around 150-200gph. A pump like the eheim compact 1000 would be a great choice for most tanks in that size range.
- The DNWB skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 250GPH. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90° bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being feed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.
- Reef Octopus 6" Recirculating Skimmer OCT-DNWB150
- Dimensions: 12" x 7.75" x 24"
- Manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 180 gallons.
- BRS Recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 140 gallons
- Powered by 1 OTP 2000 pump at 500 GPH
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- Metric plumbing parts.
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
Deal of the Day!
Pan World 100PX-XEnds in
Regular Price: $184.99
Special Price: $165.9900:00:00:00
- FREE PRIZE$
- Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am -5pm CST M – F
672 Mendelssohn Ave N, MN 55427 Map