- Home /
- Vertex Vectra Engine Universal Cleaner Unit with Lid
Saves Work By David on 8/22/13David would recommend this product to a friendI pretty much hate cleaning my skimmer! I put this on a SWC Cone Skimmer and it works great! I was worried that the lid and areas the blade does not touch would end up getting super dirty and I would end up having to clean the skimmer cup anyway. So this is how I set things up and it works great.
1. I have my tank controller turn the cleaner on for just two one minute sessions.
2. In order to deal with the typical junk that collects in a skimmer cup I decided thatwhen I do water changes I will drain all of the water off of my skimmer. I essentially put a tube on the overflow port on the bottom of the skimmer cup. Then I set the skimmer to "overflow" this increased flow results in the cup ending up pretty much spotless and had the advantage of "wet skimming" for my water changes.
The scraper is fairly easy to install. The only problem that I had was that the arm that goes from the scraper to the motor shaft was too long. The length was longer than the width of the skimmer neck. It was nothing a hack saw could not solve. Once the shaft was shortened I could properly center the lid.
Overall this is working great and had improved the output of my skimmer.
I would like to see an "auxiliary" overflow container with a built in shutoff switch that would activate if it gets full. Maybe BRS can look into and review some. It would be nice to use a designated disposal cup that maybe has a carbon filter to reduce odor. In a product like this I think it would be essential to have a redundant shutoff system.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Vertex Vectra Engine Universal Cleaner Unit with Lid'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee SMS125 pH/ORP Controller ComboEnds in
Regular Price: $214.99
Special Price: $193.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427