- Home /
- Skimz Monzter SM201 Internal Protein Skimmer
Great skimmer! By Nick on 7/18/2014Nick would recommend this product to a friendSo I've had this skimmer running for a few weeks now and I love it. I originally was looking to purchase a Super Reef Octopus 3000 but the foot print wouldn't allow placement in my sump and the price for the external version was out of my budget. The foot print on this skimz model was just what I needed.
The skimmer comes disassembled and assembly was very easy. The instructions may need to be updated specifically for this product though. I have to say I was impressed by the build quality of the skimmer in this price range. The acrylic was bonded very clean. The fasteners are all plastic to avoid corrosion and the pump is very quiet with no vibration. Skimmer adjustments are easy with the gate valve and air screw adjustments. You can really dial it in.
Overall I am happy with my purchase and happy to know that BRS is handling all warranty support so you don't have to worry about contacting someone abroad.
I hope you will find this review helpful. Happy reefing!
There are no videos related to this product.
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Body Diameter: 7.87" (200mm)
- Foot Print: 9.21” x 9.21” (234mm x 234mm)
- Total Height: 21.5” (545mm)
ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 254 GPH (960 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Regular Price: $39.99
Special Price: $34.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427