- Home /
- Skimz Monzter SM201 Internal Protein Skimmer
637 Reward Points
Regular Price: $749.99
Special Price: $637.49
Out of stock
679 Reward Points
Regular Price: $799.99
Special Price: $679.99
Out of stock
322 Reward Points
Regular Price: $379.99
Special Price: $322.99
Regular Price: $289.99
Special Price: $246.49
Workhorse, Quality Skimmer By Chris on 10/5/2014Chris would recommend this product to a friendHad my 201 for about 2.5 years on a 130 gallon system; display standard 75. Overkill yes, but I have no regrets. It still pulls out loads of dry foam. This is a great skimmer. I haven't had any problems pulling nice skimate, dry or wet as I prefer, over the time I've owned it. It makes so many fine bubbles that the reaction chamber's clear acrylic looks like white pvc. It's very quite too. Cleaning is a breeze. If you can provide a stable sump level it's a real set and forget skimmer. It packs a punch for its size. I have mine in a 20G long (only 12 inches wide) and there's more than enough room for my other equipment. Lastly, it's a nice looking skimmer. I know in this hobby quality should always come before aesthetics for equipment, but it's nice to open your stand and see a piece of gear that's doing its job well and is still easy on the eyes after several years of non-stop use.
Great skimmer! By Nick on 7/18/2014Nick would recommend this product to a friendSo I've had this skimmer running for a few weeks now and I love it. I originally was looking to purchase a Super Reef Octopus 3000 but the foot print wouldn't allow placement in my sump and the price for the external version was out of my budget. The foot print on this skimz model was just what I needed.
The skimmer comes disassembled and assembly was very easy. The instructions may need to be updated specifically for this product though. I have to say I was impressed by the build quality of the skimmer in this price range. The acrylic was bonded very clean. The fasteners are all plastic to avoid corrosion and the pump is very quiet with no vibration. Skimmer adjustments are easy with the gate valve and air screw adjustments. You can really dial it in.
Overall I am happy with my purchase and happy to know that BRS is handling all warranty support so you don't have to worry about contacting someone abroad.
I hope you will find this review helpful. Happy reefing!
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Body Diameter: 7.87" (200mm)
- Foot Print: 9.21” x 9.21” (234mm x 234mm)
- Total Height: 21.5” (545mm)
ES5000 Needlewheel Pump Features:
- Skimz worked with an Italian pump manufacturer, using advanced material for the needlewheel impeller, seamless-coated rare earth magnet for durability and high performance.
- Air Draw: 254 GPH (960 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Deal of the Day!
Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration FluidEnds in
Regular Price: $39.99
Special Price: $24.9900:00:00:00
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427