- Home /
- RowaPhos Phosphate Remover
Starting at: $53.99
Starting at: $19.79
Starting at: $53.99
Starting at: $53.99
fantastic By Jimsreeftank on 2/11/14Jimsreeftank would recommend this product to a friendi went from phos of .5 to .2 in 18 hrs!!
good product works great ... By Ocean11 on 2/8/14Ocean11 would recommend this product to a friendI just started using this product for a couple of weeks now and have brought my Phosphate readings dow from...0.50 to 0.07 good stuff
good product By VAL on 2/7/14VAL would recommend this product to a friendmy phosphate levels were .50, i have now got it down to .07 in only a couple of weeks great product, in one of the reviiews above it says to rinse it ...you are not suppose to rinse it according to the instructions...
Algae disappears markedly after adding By Laura on 1/27/14Laura would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great product, but make sure you rinse it thoroughly before you get it going in your tank!
Proven Po4 Remover By Jared on 11/15/13Jared would recommend this product to a friendThis product is worth every penny. I am using it in a Pass through filter style system, with the included bag. getting ~250GPH on a 60 Gal Setup. when phosphate gets to .01 its time to replace. They recommend replacing a lesser amount more often. Depending on your phosphate levels.
My favorite By PMK on 6/17/13PMK would recommend this product to a friendI've run Rowaphos for about 6 years now and have always liked its results. You know when its time to replace when you see some hair starting or levels of phosphates show up in your testing. Its downside is price but you can really run rowaphos a long time and not have to worry about leaching. So you get its moneys worth. I'll be running it for more years to come I'm sure.
Great product By Todd on 5/24/13Todd would recommend this product to a friendI have been using this product for about 6 months and has always kept my phosphates reading 0. It is very dirty when you first fluidize but clears up pretty quickly. A little bit goes a long way. I change mine about every 3 months, it could possibly last longer but I change it before the phosphates start reading.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'RowaPhos Phosphate Remover'
Previously Asked Questions
by Kathy on February 7, 2014, @11:02 AM
Does this come in a bag of some kind?
Bulk Reef Supply HI Kathy,
It comes in a small plastic container. Its best run in a fluidized bed reactor or at the very least you would want to put it in a filter sock.
by VAL on February 6, 2014, @3:05 AM
hi i just started using this product seems like pretty good stuff, i am measuring 0.07 is that considered good enough, i only keeping fish and soft corals, if i keep using it will it go down to zero eventually, also how much should i use for a 30 gallon tank instructions are a little vague, and when would you reccomend changing it out every 2 weeks?? do hard corals need absolute zero phosphate to survive? thanks for your help..
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Val,
Keep using it and let it go as low as it can. Phosphates usually aren't limiting to micro algae until they get below .03, so that is generally the target number but even lower is better as phosphates have other negative side effects such as slowing coral skeleton growth, though in most cases the phosphate itself isn't toxic so much as it has a lot of undesirable side effects (like being algae food).
RowaPhos was developed in Germany for treating main water supplies. RowaPhos is a patented, man made ferric hydroxide material chemically engineered for the efficient removal of phosphates, arsenic and silicates from fresh and saltwater.
- 100 g/100 mL RowaPhos will remove 3ppm of phosphate from 100 US gallons of saltwater.
- 250 g/250 mL RowaPhos will remove 3ppm of phosphate from 250 US gallons of saltwater.
- 500 g/500 mL RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 500 US gallons of saltwater.
- 1000g/ 1 L RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 1000 US gallons of saltwater.
- 5 kg/5 L RowaPhos will remove 3 ppm of phosphate from 4500 US gallons of saltwater.
RowaPhos Recommendation for Use:
- Never wash the product unless fluidising.
- It must be kept damp at all times, it is not as effective if it dries out therefore, replace the lid if not using all of the container.
- Place the product between two layers of filter wool in a canister filter.
- Do not sprinkle into the your reef tank.
- Do not place it into water without surrounding it with filter wool
- RowaPhos recommends that you use a small quantity and replace regularly rather than a large amount and replace infrequently.
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee SMS125 pH/ORP Controller ComboEnds in
Regular Price: $214.99
Special Price: $193.4900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427