Ask a question
Thank you for your interest in Bulk Reef Supply. At the moment we are currently only able to ship to the US and Canada. For further information on our shipping policies please check out our shipping information located at http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-center/customer-service/shipping-delivery
This kit will not include the stand in the purchase. The lights are great for softies and some Low light corals however would not support many high light SPS and other intense corals.
Water will weigh around 8 lbs per gallon putting it up to 160 lbs off the bat, the tank will weight around 30 lbs, and any other components will weigh the tank down such as sand and rock. Ideally a stand with 250-300 would be optimal. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Great question, with your current set up it would work well to transition some sand, live rock, and other livestock from the 55 down to the 20! You will need of course the refractometer for measuring the salinity levels, and proper sized heater for a 20 gallon tank (2.5 - 5 watts per gallon) Over all the standard tank package with lights would work well for most soft corals!
Most any coral will work just fine! We find softies work great as easy to care for such as Zoanthids, Palys, Mushrooms, and Green Star polyps. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Having said that, while I'm looking at your Nuvo kits, it would be helpful if you included in the descriptions the actual dimensions of the tank. I want to get a tank, and I want to get it through you guys, but I can't decide without knowing what the sizes are. It's possible a bigger tank will work better in my space than smaller.
Thanks so much.
We do have quite a few dimensions and descriptions on the tank page itself included in the link below!
Overall the dimensions are Tank Dimensions - 24” Width: 15” Height: 13” Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
You do not need a skimmer if you can perform regular large water changes once a week. We have these tanks currently running without a skimmer and regular 5-10 gallon water changes once a week and they are thriving. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
For the Nuvo 20, I'd recommend the 75w Neo-Therm.
As long as the rock has been cured beforehand (about 1 month) you can add the bio-spira and add a fish right away.
For improved performance you can purchase the Desktop reactor to run GFO and Carbon and possibly the desktop skimmer for waste removal.
With nano tanks there are a lot of DIY solutions for filtration. As for power head you will want between 200-500 GPH flow (often koralia and other cheap power heads work great) For filtration you can rely on the live rock and possibly a reactor for Carbon and GFO or consider modifying a small hang on back filter to provide an area for running media. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
A protein skimmer will help to remove waste in between water changes however on smaller tanks typically for best life span of corals and best looking tank weekly water changes will still help to keep the tank thriving. The unit is very quiet with proper insulation of pumps. You certainly can upgrade light in the future if more high light corals are added! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
The Fusion 20 gallon tank is 13 1/8” tall without the light attached.
Nuvo Fusion 20 by Innovative Marine
- 20 gallon capacity
- Includes (2) SKKYE Lights Aquarium LEDs
- 6mm High Clarity Low Iron Glass
- Mesh Screen Top with Clips
- Dual Built-in Overflows
- Rubber Leveling Mat
- (2) - 200 micron felt filter socks**
- (1) - 11W 110v/60Hz 211 GPH Return Pumps
- Includes: Flexible hose and return elbows with Dual Directional Flow Nozzles
**As of June 2015 all Innovative Marine Aquariums will come standard with (2) - 200 micron filter socks in placement of the 3 stage filter baskets.
20 lbs. of Reef Saver Rock
- Environmentally friendly rock, works great for aquascaping
- 100% free of nuisance algae and pests
- Guaranteed to be free of apitasia, bubble algae, parasitic isopods, mantis shrimp, acro eating flat worms, little red bugs, fire worms, predatory nudibranchs, pyramidellid snails and other common pests.
- BRS Reef Saver Rock arrives at our warehouse pre-soaked and rinsed. This is by far our cleanest rock.
100 mL Instant Ocean Bio-Spira
Use BIO-Spira in newly setup saltwater aquariums to make it fish safe. Live nitrifying bacteria reduces fish loss in marine aquariums due to ammonia and nitrite toxicity. BIO-Spira can also be used after a water change, when adding new fish, or after medicating your saltwater aquarium.
4 oz ClorAm-X Ammonia Remover
Remove chlorine, chloramines and ammonia from your reef tank with Liquid Buffered ClorAm-X. ClorAm-X uses a patented molecule to destroy chloramine and then removes the ammonia and chlorine before the health of your fish is impacted.
20 lb. Special Grade Arag-Alive! Live Reef Sand
- Grain size: 1 - 2 mm
- Contains live bacteria to help with cycling of tank
hw-Marinemix Reefer Salt Mix (Makes 160 Gallons)
- One of the first synthetic salt mixes ever produced
- No anti-caking agents
- No chemical or environmental pollutants, no nitrates, phosphates or silicates
- Natural, stable pH and optimal alkalinity
- Contains no EDTA which can chelate many necessary trace elements
- Optimized with amino acids and organically stabilized iodine - great for the reef hobbyist
- Makes approx. 160 Gallons of solution at 1.024 salinity
Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration Fluid
Easily and accurately measure the salinity of your saltwater
Tunze Care Magnet Nano - 0220.010 Cleaner Magnet
- Special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic - plastic blades are recommended for acrylic tanks
- Plastic Blade life - several months to approx. one year
- Compact design with large cleaning surface area
- Inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and prevents jamming of aquarium sand
- Angle of blades against glass, remove more algae than a flat blad
Marine S Pellet Fish Food - Hikari
Enhance the colors and boost growth of your smaller plant-eating fish with high protein, Marine -S- Pellet Fish Food.
HMA-S 50w Finnex Digital Submersible Heater
Easy to set, analog controller. Includes external controller to keep your tank temp super stable.
HPS-100 Finnex Digital Submersible
Easy to set, digital heater. We include this heater for mixing new saltwater.
Hydor Koralia Evolution Powerhead 600
- Great for creating water movement
- Suction cup and magnet mounting system
Note: Due to Customs restrictions we are unable to ship any type of food to Canada. The food in this kit will be removed and refunded if being shipped to Canada.
Great tank and starter kit By Troy on 5/12/2016Troy would recommend this product to a friendI have had my NUVO Fusion 20 set up for about three weeks now. I couldn't be happier. It has been over twenty years since a had a saltwater aquarium and I can't believe all the new technologies that make it easier. I currently have 2 percula clown fish and a small clean up crew. I am planning to add a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp soon. After my tank is matured more, I plan on adding some corals. Thank you, I will definitely be a repeat customer.