- Home /
- MarinePure Ceramic Biomedia Plate
Bio pellet, plate review By Daniel on 7/18/13Daniel would recommend this product to a friendThe bio-plate is so soft! I was able to easily shape the plate and have put it in the top tray of my canister filter. Day one of this little experiment, no noticeable reduction in flow so far. Very cool product..
Five stars on first impression and ease of use...
Great product By Robert on 3/15/12Robert would recommend this product to a friendThis product is extremely light in weight and porous. When rinsed no water collects on the top of the pad or runs off the side.
Performance By Robert on 10/31/11Robert would recommend this product to a friendAlong with using the Marine Pure Spheres, I put two of these on the bottom of the sump to support the egg create. Keeping these two submerged has dropped my nitrates to a safer range. All together, the system has 168,400 square feet of Ceramic Biomedia.
Ask a Question About 'MarinePure Ceramic Biomedia Plate'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
The media’s composition is similar to natural rock formations. MarinePure provides approximately 150,000 sq. Ft per cu. Ft (510 m2/L) of accessible surface area. The properties of MarinePure create a stable home for a dense population of beneficial bacteria that remove ammonia and nitrites from your aquarium. Some systems will also see a decrease in nitrates. MarinePure will work in sumps, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, hang on the back filters or directly in the tank.
- 100% Tank Tested
- Most technically advanced bio-filtration substrate
- High usable surface area for beneficial bacteria growth
- Open porosity means maximum bacteria exposure to contaminates and promotes excellent water circulation and less clogging
- Designed specifically to target ammonia and nitrite removal and minimizes nitrates
- Inert and chemically stable
- Greater than 80% open porosity
- Provides consistent water chemistry
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Able to support large fish loads
- Can be cleaned, reused and sterilized
Compare MarinePure Products
1½” Marinepure Sphere : 240 sq ft
8x8x1” Marinepure block 5,750 sq ft
8x8x4”Marinepure block 23,000 sq ft.
MarinePure Spheres are small, spherical filtration media for use in canister and similar filtration systems. Perfect replacement for bioballs. They are available in 1½” diameters.
• over 100 times the surface area per cubic inch than any other biomedia such as bioballs
• Stays wet during power outages or pump failure which will keep your nitrating bacteria alive
• Perfect area for copepods and amphipods to thrive and reproduce
• Wet-dry filters
Blocks & Plates
MarinePure is also available as 9”x9”x1” Plates or 9”x9”x4” Blocks.
• Add to existing tank set ups for additional filtration, simply set the block down in your sump
• Place under gravel bed for new tank set up
• Wet-dry filters
• Blocks are ideally suited for large setups
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage DELUXE RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $289.99
Special Price: $259.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427