Worth every penny! By TheReefKeeper on 5/1/2014TheReefKeeper would recommend this product to a friendI received this light and was a little skeptical about it when purchasing but am in love with it. has a few con's but overall a fantastic light.
66 blue led's
I purchased the 48 inch 6 bulb fixture and have it over a 48x30x24 Tank is it lights it beautifully!
Single screwed in cover for light so you don't have to worry about salt building when sliding it out.
Amazing hanging kit
Only 5.4 pounds
SPS growing powerhouse.
6 power cord's (You get a lot more control this way which is a plus but that's still a lot of cord's)
The stand is ghetto (use the hanging kit)
Did not come with drywall anchors (super cheap)
Not low profile (built in fan, worth it)
Stock actinic and 10k bulbs (Changed to a color combo i like)
Overall the con's on this light are near nothing and the color combo you can get with this light and the control that you have is amazing!
Fantastic! By TRK on 5/1/2014TRK would recommend this product to a friendThis light is awesome! Puts out an amazing amount of light. I was hesitant to buy it but now that I have I couldn't be happier. It comes with standard blue and white bulbs and 66 blue led's. Changed the bulbs and my sps love it. I have the 4 foot 6 bulb fixture over a 48x30x24 tank and there isn't a shaded spot in the tank. the only con's are 6 power chords and the stand is crappy. The hanging kit is awesome other then the fact that it doesn't have drywall anchors. It's Also only 5.4 pounds. Worth every penny!
P.S. the stock bulbs were great Just not the color combo I wanted.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Hamilton Fiji Sun T5 HO Fluorescent Lighting System with LEDs'
Previously Asked Questions
by keith on June 9, 2014, @4:38 PM
I am going to be purchasing your 2ft Fiji sun or 4 ft Fiji sun ho t5 lighting system for a marine aquarium. is there a way to change the light bulbs on this unit? if so how it looks like there is a cover. just some screws im hoping!
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Keith,
You can absolutely change the light bulbs. T5 light bulbs need to be replaced yearly at the least so that will be something just about any light fixture will allow. Changing them is pretty similar to changing any other fluorescent tube, the bulbs have two pins on each side and go into the socket and rotate.
by Casey on March 12, 2014, @7:44 PM
Is this good for soft coral?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Casey,
It depends on the coral and the size of the tank, but assuming you have an adequately sized light for your size tank then most soft corals should be no problem at all.
by Shannon on March 26, 2014, @8:05 AM
1. Have you guys had any good feedback with this item? I am looking to upgrade my lighting but I don't want to spend thousands on new kessels.
2.Will this fit under an aquarium hood? Does it have standoffs or does it have to be mounted from the ceiling?
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Shannon,
1. Feedback on the Hamilton's has been quiet good. To be entirely honest, there isn't a whole lot of T5 options these days as almost everyone has switched over to LED's. The LED's are more money up front though you don't have the ongoing bulb replacement costs so in the long run may not be.
2. It may but it really depends the size of your hood and the particular light fixture you are looking at. Most folks who have a canopy would look at one of the retrofit kits. Those kits are intended to be mounted in canopies and forgo the extra case, etc, and have a lot easier mounting solutions. The Aruba sun is the one I would look at and linked below. They come together as a kit that just needs to be screwed into your canopy. Depending on the size of your tank and the corals you want to keep, you may want 2 or 3 kits.
Hamilton Technology's Aruba Sun Lighting system is High Output T5 Fluorescent and LEDs in one.
Available in 4 Sizes with 4 or 6 Bulbs
- German mirror finish reflector to intensify metal halide light output, corrosion resistant
- Anodized aluminum reflector wraps around each T5 bulb increasing light output 300%
- Acrylic splash guard shield to protect bulbs
- Cooling fan to help extend bulb life
- Built-in adjustable steel suspension kit
- Separate power cord for LEDs to operate independently
- 6 Bulb - Three independent T5 lighting controls, three T5 HO Actinic blue bulbs, three T5 HO 10,000K Super White bulbs
- 4 Bulb - Two independent T5 lighting controls, two T5 HO Actinic blue bulbs, two T5 HO 10,000K Super White bulbs
Fiji Sun T5 High Output Lighting System with LEDs
10,000K Super White T5 High Output Fluorescent
|Actinic BlueT5 High Output Fluorescent||LEDs||Dimensions|
|6 x 24W||2 Ft||3||3||Moonlight Blue||24.75" L x 20" W x 4.5" H|
|6 x 39W||3 Ft||3||3||Moonlight Blue||36.5" L x 20" W x 4.5" H|
|4 x 54W||4 Ft||2||2||Moonlight Blue||48.25" L x 14"W x 4.5" H|
|6 x 54W||4 Ft||3||3||Moonlight Blue||48.25" L x 20"W x 4.5" H|
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage Chloramines DELUXE Replacement Filter KitEnds in
Regular Price: $57.99
Special Price: $50.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- hw Wiegandt
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427