Ask a question
There is not a measurable difference from our end between the two types of resin. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
DI resin will remove silica from the water. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
The Best DI Resin I have used so far. By Douglas on 12/26/2016Douglas would recommend this product to a friendI was having issues with burning through pre-made DI cartridges from many different places. I was going through DI Cartridges every 2-4 weeks depending on how much I made. I bought this resin and it has lasted longer than any others I have purchased. I purchased this on 11/14/16 and as of 12/26/16 I am still getting 0 TDS water. I'm very happy with this purchase and it's much cheaper going this way vs buying pre-made cartridges.
Good By Jkor on 12/17/2016Jkor would recommend this product to a friendI use a lot of resin as I am on well water. This works great. I choose this over the color changing as it does last longer. I use the gauge on my filter to tell when to change my filters and resin.
I don't bother with the color indicating stuff By Dave G on 12/16/2016Dave G would recommend this product to a friendWhile it only saves a little bit, I don't find the color changing to be useful. Just monitor with your inline TDS meter to know when time to change.
I like ordering from BRS vs. at Local fish stores or other low volume places becuase you don't know how long it has been sitting and gets weeker as co2 penetrates the packaging.
Awesome By Randy on 4/20/2016Randy would recommend this product to a friendThe Di Resin, works great! Love this product!
Great Product! More than enough By Rhyno870 on 3/31/2016Rhyno870 would recommend this product to a friendProduct came fast and packaged nicely. There was more than enough to fill a canister. Quality product per usual.
Great By Michael on 12/11/2015Michael would recommend this product to a friend0TDS. Cant get better than that!
Great stuff By xpocoastie on 12/6/2015xpocoastie would recommend this product to a friendGood resin, does what it needs to. Each package contains the highest quality resin you can buy. It does make things nice if you accidentally spill some, there is extra resin to use. Quality product!
Good results however. . . . By Stuart on 9/28/2015Stuart wouldn't recommend this product to a friendDoes what it's supposed to do however the beads are extremely small and it is extremely easy to make a mess trying to fill the canister. I use a funnel and still spill some!
Good choice By pawtyphoon on 9/19/2015pawtyphoon would recommend this product to a friendGood resin, does what it needs to. I was able to go almost a year and then change out the resin along with the other RO filter media. Have a plan to contain the beads when installing or they'll get everywhere. The bags should be resealable.
Great Product By Jim on 8/22/2015Jim would recommend this product to a friendA lot cheaper than what I was buying for my RO buddy
Fantastic Product By Anthony on 6/1/2015Anthony would recommend this product to a friendDoes as advertised! 0 TDS, vacuum packaging is top notch. Even after jamming the cartridge full of resin for some reason I end up with extra resin, no complaints at all. It does make things nice if you accidentally spill some, there is extra resin to use. Quality product!!
Way to go By Bruce on 3/18/2015Bruce would recommend this product to a friendGetting zero TDS and good resin life. Easy to refill cartridges and way cheaper too.