- Home /
- BRS Bulk Deionization Resin
$3.49 As low as: $3.32
Starting at: $5.99
Starting at: $7.99
Starting at: $5.99
If you have a TDS meter buy it. By Joe on 3/23/13Joe would recommend this product to a friendMy incoming TDS is 1100-1420 so I go through a lot of resin on a regular basis. Color changing resin works great without a TDS meter but depending on my incoming numbers I normally get 5-7 more gallons per cartridge refill with the non color change resin. They both work great but for those of you that have a meter go with the non color change. One more thing, no matter how much or how hard I pack the refill there's always a gap or room in the cartridge with the nuke grade after 25gals or so compared to the color changing.
great By willard on 3/17/13willard would recommend this product to a friendworks like it says
Great stuff By Jocelyn on 3/8/13Jocelyn would recommend this product to a friendWorks like a charm. Long lasting for my area (central FL). The amount in the packet fits perfect in the refilable cartridge. I buy 2 at a time so that I always have some on hand.
good stuff By tim on 2/27/13tim would recommend this product to a friendi like this item better then the color change kind. saves a few bucks and seems to last a little longer. i use the meter to check when to change out anyway.
If you have TDS meter, this is a great way to save money. By Al on 1/29/13Al would recommend this product to a friendBought this product because they were back ordered on the color changing DI. It has worked fantastically. Changing when the TDS coming out of the DI climbs from zero is how you know when to change it out.
Great Product! By wesley on 9/18/12wesley would recommend this product to a friendworks just as great as the color changer but id recommend having a tds meter with this one so that you know when its depleted
Two thumbs up By Deborah on 8/14/12Deborah would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use, great price!
Great price on great resin! By Chris on 8/14/12Chris would recommend this product to a friendIf consistan .000 TDS readings from your RODI unit is what you are after, then this is the stuff for you! You could buy another brand of resin from one of the other online retailers... but why would you want to? This stuff works excellent and lasts a long time to boot. Good prices (not just on Deionising resin... but on everything!), great service, and fast shipping!!!
Great value. Awesome resin. By Jocelyn on 7/3/12Jocelyn would recommend this product to a friendBought this resin to refill my spectrapure 90 gpd unit. The amount of resin in this package was perfect. It filled the canister tightly even after packing it down several times. Have had this resin running for several months and still getting a consistent 0 tds reading, making 25 gallons every other week. Highly recommended.
Easy as pie By Richie` on 2/25/12Richie` would recommend this product to a friendBought this or my 5 stage system. Remove canister, open pouch and pour in. Couldn't be cheaper or easier. Thanks BRS!
Works like a charm By Jarod on 11/11/11Jarod would recommend this product to a friendI recommend you have your own TDS meter, but this stuff is great. Do not have any doubts on refilling your own RODI filter. It takes a few seconds and saves you a few bucks.
Was nervous - no reason to be By Richard on 7/30/11Richard would recommend this product to a friendI own a "name brand" RODI unit, one that it turns out I overpaid significantly for. As I learned more about this hobby I am thankful for BRS, who offer products like the generic DI resin. Good low price, easy to use, and solidly 000 TDS on my tests keep reef costs down, and my water quality is perfect. Don't hesitate, try the BRS RODI stuff.
Ask a Question About 'BRS Bulk Deionization Resin'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
Deal of the Day!
BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor - SingleEnds in00:00:00:00
- FREE PRIZE$
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am -5pm CST M – F
672 Mendelssohn Ave N, MN 55427 Map