- +
80W 60” T5 Blue Plus

SKU: 204343

In stock

$24.95

$24.95
- +

Why does BRS recommend this?

The Blue Plus bulb is by the hottest selling T5 bulb available, for its crisp blue, that brings out awesome coloration in corals. : ATI has been some of the most sought-after bulbs in the reef aquarium hobby.  With their bright crisp colors, ATI are our number one choice when it comes to T5 bulbs.  With ATI bulbs you can use a single color on its own or you can mix and match to make the ultimate spectrum. 

The ATI Blue Plus T5 HO fluorescent bulb combines the properties of a blue bulb with a True Actinic Blue 03 bulb. Encourages bluing in SPS corals and fluorescence in capable corals. Helps balance out a washed out or yellow hued tank. Works well as a supplement to metal halides or in combination with a 6500K ATI Sun Pro or an ATI AquaBlue Special.

More Information
Bulb Color/Temperature Actinic, Blue
Fluorescent Bulb Wattage 24 watt, 39 watt, 54 watt, 80 watt
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:T5 Blue Plus
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

How long do these bulbs last . I have three of these in a four bulb fixture paired with a coral plus . Two of the blues burnt out relatively quickly. Is there a warranty for this
Question by: Rodney Hantz on Mar 4, 2023, 4:55 PM
These bulbs should last ~8-12 months before needing to be replaced. They can still produce light sometimes well after that, but you should still replace them as they can dim or shift spectrum. These carry a 30 day warranty.
Answer by: William Reed (BRS Staff) on Mar 23, 2023, 3:12 PM
Can used this bulb in 220v?
Question by: David on Feb 19, 2022, 6:49 AM
Yes, this bulb would work with 220v :)
Answer by: Ashley Hoglund (BRS Staff) on Mar 3, 2022, 3:46 PM
How long do ATI T5 bulbs last if unused? For instance, if I buy a couple extras and don’t use them, can I swap them in 10-11 months later and have them be as good as new? Or should I buy “fresh” bulbs?
Question by: DivingTheWorld on Nov 25, 2017, 3:41 AM
The lights, if unused will last almost indefinitely. The only thing that will degrade their lifespan is actually using them. : )
Answer by: Charlie on Nov 25, 2017, 8:13 AM
I have 2 48" blue plus in a reefbrite supra fixture. Donyou have a general idea of what the par reading range would be around 8" off the water?
Question by: Alex on Feb 19, 2017, 4:51 PM
Hey there!

Although we wish we could test each bulb and fixture combination available on the market, unfortunately that isn't possible for us. Each fixture has minor variances in things like wattage and amperage draw. Because of these differences, their respective PAR readings can be different even with the same brand of bulb. :-)
Answer by: Randy on Feb 20, 2017, 4:25 PM
The bulbs don't say HO on them. Are they rated that for HO fixtures? Thanks.
Question by: Mike Adam on Nov 23, 2016, 5:54 PM
Great question! These bulbs are T5 HO bulbs. The ATI Blue Plus T5 HO fluorescent bulb combines the properties of a blue bulb with a True Actinic Blue 03 bulb. BRS Note: The ATI Blue Plus T5 HO fluorescent bulb is one of the most popular actinic bulbs available. :-)

Answer by: Randy on Nov 23, 2016, 6:37 PM
what is the par rating on a 36" blue plus
Question by: vincent on Jun 5, 2016, 8:05 PM
Great question!
This will vary depending on height and other factors, what reflectors and other impact however under 6-10 inches of tank you can expect high par in the 200-300 range for good SPS growth. at 24" you can expect lower par in the 100 or lower range.
Answer by: Connor on Jun 9, 2016, 4:35 PM
I have a 75 gal aquarium and a T5 6 bulb fixture that I picked up for a good price. I am going to set it up and move my anemone and clown fish over to it and maybe add a few soft corals and maybe a few lps corals. was wondering what would be the best combination of t5 bulbs would work the best?
Question by: Jim on Apr 3, 2016, 2:39 PM
Great question!
The best combination of bulbs through ATI that we use are the Blue Plus and the Aquablue Special. We typically recommend 2 of each on 6 bulbs. From there you can use the remaining slots for supplemental lighting such as coral plus for more white based light, actinic for a deep blue and purple plus for unique coral colors. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Apr 6, 2016, 12:26 PM
product desc. says 48 inch ? Is this a 45 inch bulb for a 48 inch fixture?
Question by: keith cummings on Jan 26, 2016, 2:40 PM
Great question!
The bulbs are labeled by the size of fixture. As long as the wattage matches they will work for your fixture! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Feb 3, 2016, 2:21 PM