- Home /
- Insta-Test Free & Total Chlorine & Chloramine Strips (Fresh Water) - LaMotte
48 Reward Points$48.99
8 Reward Points$8.99
good By pops on 11/13/2014pops would recommend this product to a friendEveryone with an RO system, reefs, etc., shpould have some of these!
Great Stuff By DonB on 11/2/2014DonB would recommend this product to a friendLaMotte + BRS, great combo. Test strips do their thing.
Testing procedure for identifying the disinfectant your city uses.
1) Run your tap water for two minutes and collect a water sample.
2) Dip the test strip as directed on packaging and read results.
- Up to 5ppm total chlorine & same free chlorine = Chlorine*
- Up to 5ppm total chlorine & zero free chlorine = Chloramines*
- Zero free and total chlorine = Well water*
*This is the most common interpretation of results. If you have trouble reading or determining results we suggest calling your city hall or water treatment facility to make a final determination.
Testing procedure for identifying when your carbon blocks need to be replaced.
1) Run your RO/DI system for 30 minutes and collect a sample. Sample needs to be water which has passed through the carbon blocks but not the membrane. You can remove the tube coming from the last carbon block to collect the sample or collect a sample from your waste water tube, whichever is easier.
2) Drip the test strip as directed on the packaging and read results.
We suggest replacing the carbon blocks if you get any reading above zero. Readings over zero are an indication that the carbon blocks ability to treat for all types of contaminants has been depleted. Absolutely replace carbon blocks once the reading surpasses 0.5ppm
Deal of the Day!
Skimz Monzter SM203 DC Internal Protein SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $499.99
Special Price: $349.9900:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
Skimz Monzter SH1 Hang On Internal SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $121.99
Special Price: $85.3900:00:00:00
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427