Ask a question
Hydor Koralia Evolution submersible powerheads are a popular choice becauxe they are affordable and reliable high flow powerheads. Higher efficiency Hydor Koralia Evolution pumps generate up to 20% more water flow than Koralia 2-3-4 at HALF the energy consumption. Upgraded, shaft-less impeller boasts unique design for wide and gentle water flow beneficial to aquarium inhabitants. Patented magnetic base with articulating ball joint allows full, 360-degree range of convenient pump positions. Direct vital water movement to areas of your aquarium never possible with conventional powerheads.
High flow is very important to maintaining a thriving healthy aquarium. Aquariums with poor flow can experience a number of easily avoidable health issues. Using high flow powerheads in your aquarium will:
- Significantly decrease the risk of algae outbreaks.
- Keep waste and particles suspended longer so skimmers and filters have a better chance of removing them.
- Prevent toxic pockets from forming in hard to reach areas.
- Keep debris from collecting on corals.
- Keep food suspended longer so you can add less food.
- Increase the chances of long term healthy tank success.
Great Inexpensive Pump By Rob on 3/28/2017Rob would recommend this product to a friendI have a 40 gallon reef tank. This pump in conjunction with another pump, and a Hydor Smart Wave pump controller, provides great variable flow to the tank. It could be a little quieter when it turns on and off, and it might wear out prematurely depending on the setting of the wave maker, but for the price I can afford it's decreased life span.
Koralia Evoluton Powerhead 850 gph- Hydor By Chuck on 10/7/2016Chuck would recommend this product to a friendI like the Koralia Powerheads. I have used several and have always had good luck.